Important Service Information about your Fios Account

DK_Sat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
MD
Did anyone get this email from Verizon Fios.

Thank you for being a Verizon Fios® customer. We’re committed to providing you with the best internet experience possible, backed by the latest technology.

Our records indicate that you have an older model router that is being discontinued. If you do plan to keep using your current router, we will begin billing, on 9.29.16, a monthly Router Maintenance Charge of $2.80 (plus taxes), to ensure we deliver the best support.
You also have the option to upgrade to a certified, pre-owned Fios Advanced
Wi-Fi Router. It’s a one-time purchase of $59.99 (plus taxes) with free shipping and handling for a limited time. This is a great opportunity to enhance your Fios experience with faster Wi-Fi speeds.

I didn't get that email yet. But if it is the latest router for 59.99 that's a good deal .,I don't know what a 2.80 maintenance charge is for . I guess they are trying to make everyone upgrade .

This is the router that i am using fror Verizon Fios.

Attachments

• IMG_1827.JPG
    IMG_1827.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1832.JPG
    IMG_1832.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 273
Interesting ....
Everyone's finding good a way to get more money from you .... oh look, your bill just went up by $2.80...

My I telnet company socked a $5 fee on our bill for the ability to use thier modem .... ya, the same one I've been using for about 4 years now ... now I have a monthly charge for the right.

I Can buy the modem outright, but they won't cover it, even if it is the same model then.

I have the same modem so I guess I will get the email soon. I will buy the new version for 59.99 .

I call up Verizon to see why are they applying those new monthly charges on old router.

There answer was that my router is 10 years old and discontinued.

So they gave me a new deal, home phone and 50-50 internet, new Quantum WI-FI router.

No monthly router rental fees with a two year agreement for $64.00 plus tax.

That's a pretty good deal. The original router they offered you wasn't the Quantum I don't think. It is an updated version of the one you had. It is orange in color. I have one of those in my basement because I owned it and bought the Quantum router.

They were going to upgrade me to a certified, pre-owned Fios Advanced
Wi-Fi Router ( not a Quantum.) With a one-time purchase of $59.99 (plus taxes) with free shipping

That's a pretty good deal. The original router they offered you wasn't the Quantum I don't think. It is an updated version of the one you had. It is orange in color. I have one of those in my basement because I owned it and bought the Quantum router.
The quantum router is allocated black only stands up and only has 2 lights on it. The orange is the advanced router. The quantum router offer b/g/n/ac for wireless I have it and it performs great

Attachments

• FiOS-Quantum-Gateway-Router.jpg
    FiOS-Quantum-Gateway-Router.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 609
The quantum router is allocated black only stands up and only has 2 lights on it. The orange is the advanced router. The quantum router offer b/g/n/ac for wireless I have it and it performs great
Correct. The picture he posted was the original router, then the advanced routher looked just like it except it was orange and the Quantum rounter is the sleeker black one with only the two lights on the front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)