Comcast Digital Voice Reviews

I had it and got rid of it last year. The audio sounded like robots about 25% of the time. And their voicemail system seemed to go down a lot where people couldn't leave messages.

i have cisco docsis 3.0 had comcast digital phone for 5+ years, its junk works good enough most of the time

expect downtime it seems, togo down on me every 6 months usually 2-3 days without phone when that happens to me.

in my case its really goofey wiring, no i didnt wire the house for phone.

I also had it for about two months when it decided to stop working... after a week and a half of constant service dropouts from both phone and internet with no service techs able to detect or repair the problem Comcast was dropped.

I just switched from Verizon DSL to Comcast Xfinity Triple Play. DSL was too slow, and FIOS not coming to my Washington, DC neighborhood for years. Internet speed is now 24 Mbps--20 times faster than I was getting from DSL. I like that very much. Had some problems with losing dial tone. Comcast tech came out, replaced a non-Comcast cable and removed an unnecessary splitter. All has been fine since then. I am also getting premium channels plus free long distance, caller ID, call waiting, etc, for much less than I was paying Verizon (and Comcast for cable alone). Much improved customer service from Comcast. Even their bill is understandable, while Verizon's is still incomprehensible. I'm voting for Comcast at this time.

You will get intermittent dial tone the same as when you get pixelating in the TV. It's all in the coax. That is where the dial tone is coming from, the coax cable. Also people have the inside wiring terminated to be fed from the modem and that causes problems because that old wiring is used to the analog signal from the pole, inside wiring seems to react funny to digital. I think it is a great service as long as the inside wiring cooperates. Working in the call center, I have people reseat the coax from the wall to the modem and that will fix the problem for a while, however coax tends to expand and extract depending on temperatures where as POT wiring is more durable with analog. You can have a rat chew throu telephone wires and still get a reliable signal through POTS (plain Old Telephone Service). I like Comcast Digital Voice but I could be biased since I work for Comcast and know how to maintain service ;)

You will get intermittent dial tone the same as when you get pixelating in the TV. It's all in the coax. That is where the dial tone is coming from, the coax cable. Also people have the inside wiring terminated to be fed from the modem and that causes problems because that old wiring is used to the analog signal from the pole, inside wiring seems to react funny to digital. I think it is a great service as long as the inside wiring cooperates. Working in the call center, I have people reseat the coax from the wall to the modem and that will fix the problem for a while, however coax tends to expand and extract depending on temperatures where as POT wiring is more durable with analog. You can have a rat chew throu telephone wires and still get a reliable signal through POTS (plain Old Telephone Service). I like Comcast Digital Voice but I could be biased since I work for Comcast and know how to maintain service ;)

I probably won't have any problems because all of our utility wiring is underground and my house is only 6 years old and has the new CAT 5 phone wiring and no rats. We have RG6 Coax also.:)

I just got digital voice installed about 6 weeks ago and so far love it. Call clarity as good or better than we had with Qwest. Actually its better, because whenever we would get heavy rains, the water would get in the connection post for the old underground phone cable and cause hum or sometimes even short out and knock out the service. No problems with that now. We got a SMC D3GNV modem that was just released recently and combines phone and internet service in one unit. The SMC has a 4 port wired router and wifi built in. What sold me was the promo rate for the first year. I hope they will extend some sort of discount again at the end of the year, the regular price is pretty steep. Other we might rethink going back to Qwest. They are Century Link now, maybe they will make improvements in the next year.

If Meshuggah is a call center employee, he should know that the customers existing phones and inside wiring still operate in analog mode with digital voice service. The phone modem converts digital cable signals into conventional analog phone signals, including the 90v ring signal. If the existing inside wiring worked fine before, it will be the same with digital voice.