ENCORE ACTION HD and ENCORE DRAMA HD to launch on August 1.

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Starz Entertainment is improving ENCORE, the nation's most popular premium network with more than 33 million subscribers, with changes across its family of channels. Expected to launch on August 1, 2011, the new ENCORE offerings will fortify the value proposition of the ENCORE brand and its companion multiplex channels for existing subscribers and enhance the ability of Starz Entertainment's multichannel affiliates to attract new ones.
(Logo: Login)
Launch ENCORE ESPANOL - The eighth ENCORE channel, ENCOREESPANOL, will mirror the programming of the flagship ENCORE channel, with big Hollywood movies uncut and commercial free for Spanish-language households.
ENCORE FAMILY Replaces ENCORE WAM - ENCORE FAMILY will satisfy the growing demand for ad-free channels safe from objectionable content. Following the success of STARZ KIDS & FAMILY, ENCORE FAMILY will leverage quality family-friendly movie programming for all audiences.
ENCORE SUSPENSE Replaces ENCORE MYSTERY - ENCORE SUSPENSE will expand the channel's reach by offering more programming options and further engage the audience for dramatic programming.
HD for ENCORE ACTION and ENCORE DRAMA - ENCORE ACTION HD and ENCORE DRAMA HD, two of the most popular ENCORE theme channels, will be the company's 10th and 11th Hi-Def channel launches.
MOVIEPLEX - MOVIEPLEX will become its own discreet, commercial-free premium channel and will no longer simulcast a daily rotation of the ENCORE channels. The change will drive even more variety for MOVIEPLEX with incremental movie programming that strengthens each of the respective brands. The new MOVIEPLEX will provide affiliates with even more flexibility in delivering premium content to their subscribers.
"ENCORE and its companion theme channels are the most heavily subscribed to premium services in the marketplace today, and with these enhancements to the lineup, we see a great opportunity to make them even more popular," said Stephan Shelanski, executive vice president of programming for Starz Entertainment. "With consistently strong viewership, ENCORE has long been viewed as a great value for affiliates and their subscribers given the quality movie product and flexibility we provide affiliates in packaging the premium service."
"We have listened to our affiliates and crafted these changes to meet new opportunities in the marketplace," said Ed Huguez, executive vice president, sales and affiliate marketing. "These enhancements will fortify the channels and – especially for ENCOREESPANOL – position our affiliates to capitalize on new opportunities which leverage our quality premium movie programming and grow their businesses."

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind Dish adding some of the Encores in HD. I barely watch them because of the lack of HD. If that changed, it would be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

New Encore HD Commmercial-Free Movie Channels Launching

Hopefully DISH will take advantage of this to have more HD commercial-free movie channels than the competition. Anyone know anything?

New Encore HD Movie Channels

Moderator: Sorry, did search In DISH forum and didn't see same topic since it was moved. Please delete.

Last edited:
Awesome news! I hope that the HD offerings are also available to the a la carte Encore Movies package as well. Maybe they can add Encore Wam before or when it becomes Encore Family as well as the main Encore feed to the a la carte package. It does not make much sense to me why they do not have Encore East and Encore Wam in the a la carte pack unless it is to keep the price down. Then, I suppose that would be understandable. I can understand more of not having Encore East since the west feed is included, but why Encore WAM (soon to be Encore Family)? Glad to see that MoviePlex will have its own lineup, too; it is included in the a la carte pack. I hope that Disney/Dish fiasco does not get in the way of things...Ugh...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts