Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Facing an arbitration hearing this week, DirecTV and Comcast appear to be inching closer to a carriage deal for the latter's regional sports network in New England.

But perhaps apropos of the long-running dispute over Comcast SportsNet New England, whose contract with DirecTV expired on Dec. 31, 2008, were the companies' respective positions.

"We continue to talk to them, but a resolution has not been reached," said a spokesman for Comcast Sports, while a DirecTV spokesman noted "an agreement has been reached, pending other discussions."

Read the Rest At: Comcast-DirecTV Face Arbitration Deadline Over New England Regional Sports Network - 2009-12-11 16:55:41 | Multichannel News

Interesting news. I wonder when the arbitration hearings will be scheduled for CSN Chicago, CSN Bay Area, CSN Philadelphia, CSN Northwest, and Versus.

I'd hate to lose CSN Chicago like we lost Versus. I'm a little worried.

Interesting news. I wonder when the arbitration hearings will be scheduled for CSN Chicago, CSN Bay Area, CSN Philadelphia, CSN Northwest, and Versus.

I subscribe to MLBEI and NHL CI so I hope they do not go away. I think the Versus dispute is a little different.

As it stand now you'll never get Comcast Philly. Terrestrial loophole is what Comcast is using to they don't have tosell to D* or E*. They got out of selling it when comcast bought Adelphia. we now have to wait and see what happens if they are forced into sharing with their purchase of NBCU. Read on MSNBC.com that its possible E* and D* might finally get it do to this sale. Time will tell.

Ron

Whats funny is comcast distributes these channels via Cband. How can they get past the loophole when they are up there for any provider to have, given authorization, and not distributed via terrestrial ways.

Whats funny is comcast distributes these channels via Cband. How can they get past the loophole when they are up there for any provider to have, given authorization, and not distributed via terrestrial ways.

Comcast Philly is distributed by fiber not satelitte. That's how they get away with it. It's the old infrastructure that was previously used by Prism that Comcast took over.

Comcast Philly is distributed by fiber not satelitte. That's how they get away with it. It's the old infrastructure that was previously used by Prism that Comcast took over.

Ah yes, the old Prism channel. I remember seeing that around here many years ago. I think the local cable company was buying content from them.

With Comcasts track record, I will predict that if Comcast gets it's paws on NBC-U, there will not only be carriage diputes with RSN's but access issues regarding HD programming( Dolans vs Dish in Voom dispute) and if there are any network owned locals, retrans issues as well.
Unless the FCC steps in and regulates the crap out of this deal( See: AOL/Time Warner merger) this could get ugly especially for those that reside in Comcast service areas.

With Comcasts track record, I will predict that if Comcast gets it's paws on NBC-U, there will not only be carriage diputes with RSN's but access issues regarding HD programming( Dolans vs Dish in Voom dispute) and if there are any network owned locals, retrans issues as well.
Unless the FCC steps in and regulates the crap out of this deal( See: AOL/Time Warner merger) this could get ugly especially for those that reside in Comcast service areas.

Being that Senator Spector is in Comcast's pockets I doubt that we'll ever get Comcast sportsnet Philly.

Being that Senator Spector is in Comcast's pockets I doubt that we'll ever get Comcast sportsnet Philly.

...as long as he is in office. prediction, he'll be out at the end of 2010. lots of people from both sides don't like him.

...as long as he is in office. prediction, he'll be out at the end of 2010. lots of people from both sides don't like him.
Specter is a turncoat. He is also ineffective as a legislator..
His political career is over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)