Comcast door to door sales

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So Friday I get this Comcast Winback Rep that shows up at my door and he's trying to sell me on a triple play. I'm like well I'm still with Dish . He says " oh, well if you wanted just internet I have 75 meg speed but in order to get that you have to add on a digital box. " so I pull up 150 meg speed for $60 internet only so he said he could match that. Then he says " if you wanted tv also , i can throw in a $200 gift card . Then he proceeds to tell me it's better if I get 3 dvr's with X1 as it will be cheaper than if I got 2. So I say " why would I need 3 of them ? I would only need one. " So when I say I'd think about it he says " you can add internet now, and when you want to add tv I can reset the promotion terms but I have to add $15 to your bill"

Mind you he's only been with Comcast for 3 months. So the questions are do you really need 3 dvr's with X1? Why would he need to add an additional $15 to my bill if I added tv later? I told him the biggest problem I had before was the installer came out and supposedly hooked up my wifi on the outside since I have my own modem/router but he didn't so I called and had to wait 5 days for someone to come out. By that time someone showed up, I told him I was already hooked up thanks to a guy that helped on a forum. He was all puzzled and said "we don't have the customers do self install anymore "

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

So Friday I get this Comcast Winback Rep that shows up at my door and he's trying to sell me on a triple play. I'm like well I'm still with Dish . He says " oh, well if you wanted just internet I have 75 meg speed but in order to get that you have to add on a digital box. " so I pull up 150 meg speed for $60 internet only so he said he could match that. Then he says " if you wanted tv also , i can throw in a $200 gift card . Then he proceeds to tell me it's better if I get 3 dvr's with X1 as it will be cheaper than if I got 2. So I say " why would I need 3 of them ? I would only need one. " So when I say I'd think about it he says " you can add internet now, and when you want to add tv I can reset the promotion terms but I have to add $15 to your bill"

Mind you he's only been with Comcast for 3 months. So the questions are do you really need 3 dvr's with X1? Why would he need to add an additional $15 to my bill if I added tv later? I told him the biggest problem I had before was the installer came out and supposedly hooked up my wifi on the outside since I have my own modem/router but he didn't so I called and had to wait 5 days for someone to come out. By that time someone showed up, I told him I was already hooked up thanks to a guy that helped on a forum. He was all puzzled and said "we don't have the customers do self install anymore "

This won't answer everything, but here in NW Georgia, even with the X1 DVR now, it has up to 6 shows it can record, PLUS now has Cloud capability. The rep I spoke with last week confirmed this was available in my area, so why you would need 3 DVR's is either totally absurd, or he was wanting a big commision, or he just didn't know any better

This won't answer everything, but here in NW Georgia, even with the X1 DVR now, it has up to 6 shows it can record, PLUS now has Cloud capability. The rep I spoke with last week confirmed this was available in my area, so why you would need 3 DVR's is either totally absurd, or he was wanting a big commision, or he just didn't know any better

I kept saying no you mean an X1 dvr and hd box and he kept saying no 3 dvr's bc it's cheaper . Right there is when I said ok and didn't ask to signup since I know he was full of it. My brother has Comcast and has an X1 And hd receiver. He doesn't have 3 dvr's.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)