Comcast DVr with HDMI question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Seanb61

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 4, 2004
Chicago
Hi all,

I just got Comcast installed yesterday. I have two 6412 DVR’s one has a DVI port the other has HDMI. My Z3 projector has only HDMI – I ordered a DVI to HDMI cable (a few days ago) assuming I would get DVR’s with DVI port. Now I am thinking that since I have one with HDMI I should just change my order to a HDMI only cable. If I don’t change it and use the DVI to HDMI cable for the projector in the DVR with the DVI port am I going to suffer in any way? Is the box with HDMI better in any way? Would a straight HDMI cable have any advantage over using the DVI to HDMI cable?

Thanks!

using hdmi would allow you to receive audio over the same cable. there should be video difference with dvi to hdmi cable, but you would have to use seperate cables for sound.

korsjs said:
using hdmi would allow you to receive audio over the same cable. there should be video difference with dvi to hdmi cable, but you would have to use seperate cables for sound.

I understand all this. What i am trying to find out is if there are any known differences in the 6412 box with DVI vs the one with HDMI - meaning, is there any advantage to using the newer, HDMI 6412 over the DVI one. I undertand pic quality shoudl be the same.

Seanb61 said:
I understand all this. What i am trying to find out is if there are any known differences in the 6412 box with DVI vs the one with HDMI - meaning, is there any advantage to using the newer, HDMI 6412 over the DVI one. I undertand pic quality shoudl be the same.

i don't have the 6412, but hopefully some of our users will be able to chime in.

DCT 6412 with HDMI!

Seanb61 said:

Wow I am excited to hear that they have made a newer generation DCT-6412 with HDMI instead of just DVI, Component and firewire. I have been using HDMI/DVI hybrid cable and using composit audio for sound. This will improve sound quality and reduce numbers of cables. I am going to ask for a swap imediately (or maybe not since so many DCT-6412s are duds and I finally have a good one .....after one dud).......what to do.....

Wayne

HDMI on 6412

I will keep calling them........ or maybe (when I drop off modem.... bought my own...) I will ask them in person here in Baltimore about HDMI boxes.
Wayne

Looks like they have them!

I called Comcast and they now have the DCT-6412 with HDMI (in Baltimore area). I scheduled a service call to swap out my DVI version.
Wayne

The HDMI is the latest. THe video quality should be same as DVI. You get the Audio + VIdeo on the HDMI which eliminates the cabling.

HDMI is the latest standard and since it is NO worse than the DVI AND it has digital Audio. I would get the HDMI swap if it is free.

Sou-Pen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts