Comcast Early Termination Fees

ChevyMan720

Original poster
Mar 6, 2016
East Tennesse
I currently rent a place that doesn't allow satellite dishes. So I subscribed to Comcast. I am currently 3 months into a 12 month contract. I am in the process of buying my own house. My plans are to cancel my Comcast subscription and give Dish Network a call. Does anyone know what the early termination fee to break my Comcast contract?

depends on the promo you are on so they vary.
The ones I've seen for cable & Internet are between 10-15 a month left (depeding on service level)

Look in your account with them. They have a copy of the agreement in there

edit: login to your account
click on "billing and payments"
scroll down...right hand side shows what package youre on and it says "1 year agreement"....click on that and a popup comes up with the Terms & Conditions.,

so if you are moving to a non-comcast area they might let you out with no penalty (since they can no longer servcie you)

from the agreement

If during the term of this Agreement you cancel Service because you move your residence to a location within a Comcast serviceable area and you reconnect to comparable Services offered by Comcast (as determined by Comcast), within 30 days of disconnection, the amount of the early termination fee will be credited upon proof of installation. If Comcast does not offer comparable Services and you activate Comcast residential Cable, Comcast High-Speed Internet or Comcast Digital Voice service within 30 days of your Service disconnection, the amount of the early termination fee will be credited upon proof of installation. To receive the credit, you must contact Comcast by calling, 1-855-487-0252 within forty-five (45) days of Service disconnection.

Since you are moving to an area where Comcast CANT provide service, I'm sure some proof of residency (utility bill) would be sufficient

from the agreement

If during the term of this Agreement you cancel Service because you move your residence to a location within a Comcast serviceable area and you reconnect to comparable Services offered by Comcast (as determined by Comcast), within 30 days of disconnection, the amount of the early termination fee will be credited upon proof of installation. If Comcast does not offer comparable Services and you activate Comcast residential Cable, Comcast High-Speed Internet or Comcast Digital Voice service within 30 days of your Service disconnection, the amount of the early termination fee will be credited upon proof of installation. To receive the credit, you must contact Comcast by calling, 1-855-487-0252 within forty-five (45) days of Service disconnection.

Since you are moving to an area where Comcast CANT provide service, I'm sure some proof of residency (utility bill) would be sufficient
I am moving to an area where Comcast is available.

OH I thought before you said you were....so then the penalty would be there.
Best thing to so is check your account.....like I say each bundle/promo varies

OH I thought before you said you were....so then the penalty would be there.
Best thing to so is check your account.....like I say each bundle/promo varies

Hi, I remember you from another Forum, where you were having problems with your Neusat SP 6000 Digital receiver. I happened to have one with some problems. For a while it was turning off and on by itself, now that one is fixed and I get many channels, but I have no sound now. Do you know what to do, I would appreciate any help. I am new here, this is my first post. If you can also direct me to the right forum or people that would be great. I also do not know how to post a question here. Thanks a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)