Comcast Economy [Favorite Channel List or Simplifying the Guide?]

vcr1980

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
With the Comcast Economy Package, you only get a select few channels. My question is, can you make the program guide more simple somehow so you don't have to scroll through so many "unavailable" channels that you don't have access to? If not, can you set all the channels you do get to "Favorite" so that you can at least channel surf the few channels you do have more easily?

Thank you.

I actually called them and asked them this exact question. The tech verified the answer and said NO. It was one of the reasons I ditched their crappy TV service and went back to Dish for TV. I wasn't surprised at the answer, because "unavailable" screens are constructed to advertise for adding the channel.

I will say I like Comcast's internet service. A bit pricey, but very reliable.

Yeah I would actually say just get an antenna and a Roku, and use Pluto, Stirr, Xumo for hundreds of free channels, and Philo or Sling if you want to pay $20 or $25 to get a decent "cable" type package.
At least in some areas Comcast has an internet only plan where you get 25 Mbps down / 2 Mbps up for $20/mo with $0 taxes or fees, just a straight $20/mo.