Comcast HD in Atlanta

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dnyce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Atlanta
I just moved to the West side of Atlanta into this beautiful 5/4 and my worst fear was realized. I can't get a satellite signal, no more DirecTV more importantly no more Sunday Ticket :mad:

Anyway I have Comcast coming next week to install a HD DVR box. I am a few years removed from Comcast and I haven't kept up with the latest. Can someone fill me in on what the available HD channels are and how much HD content is on On Demand?

And just any general news that will make me feel better about coming back to cable. To be honest I am pretty excited about On Demand I've heard great things. Thanks.

I just moved to the West side of Atlanta into this beautiful 5/4 and my worst fear was realized. I can't get a satellite signal, no more DirecTV more importantly no more Sunday Ticket :mad:

Anyway I have Comcast coming next week to install a HD DVR box. I am a few years removed from Comcast and I haven't kept up with the latest. Can someone fill me in on what the available HD channels are and how much HD content is on On Demand?

And just any general news that will make me feel better about coming back to cable. To be honest I am pretty excited about On Demand I've heard great things. Thanks.

There's a fairly good amount of HD On Demand content. Including the Premiums with the exception of HBO (not very much last time I checked). PQ and SQ are excellent across the board for all Comcast HD offerings.

One tip, leave your HD DVR box on all the time. Don't turn it off as that seems to stave away most of the more common bugs that affect the Moto boxes (report back on which one you receive).

Also, go here if you need help/tips with it: DVR Chatter

Most recent HD Channel list:

WSB-DT (ABC)
WAGA-DT (FOX)
WXIA-DT (NBC)
TBS HD
WGTV-DT (PBS)
WGCL-DT (CBS)
WUPA-DT (CW)
WATL-DT (MyNetwork TV)
A&E HD
National Geographic HD
TNT HD
Discovery HD Theater
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
Golf/VS HD
Music HD (MTV HD)
Universal HD
MOJO
HGTV-HD
FOOD-HD
CNN-HD
Animal Planet HD
Discovery HD
History HD
FSN HD
USA HD
SciFi HD

Premiums:
HBO HD
Cinemax HD
Starz HD
Showtime HD

Most recent HD Channel list:

WSB-DT (ABC)
WAGA-DT (FOX)
WXIA-DT (NBC)
TBS HD
WGTV-DT (PBS)
WGCL-DT (CBS)
WUPA-DT (CW)
WATL-DT (MyNetwork TV)
A&E HD
National Geographic HD
TNT HD
Discovery HD Theater
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
Golf/VS HD
Music HD (MTV HD)
Universal HD
MOJO
HGTV-HD
FOOD-HD
CNN-HD
Animal Planet HD
Discovery HD
History HD
FSN HD
USA HD
SciFi HD

Premiums:
HBO HD
Cinemax HD
Starz HD
Showtime HD

Wow! Pretty impressive lineup. Comcast has come a long way.

Ofcourse I get my HD DVR yesterday and it doesn't work out of the box. I was on the phone with tech support for 40 minutes and they need to send a Tech on Friday to swap out the box.
Not a great start. I get no video at all and it's stuck on channel '0', they told me the box couldn't be activated for some reason. Two more days with no HD :(

Don't remember the model number, but it's a new Motorola box with a black LCD display on the front. Looks much better than the old all silver boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)