Comcast HD LineUp in Kokomo, IN Compared to DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ComcastOgre

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Saint Marys, Ohio
I have done some digging on the HD channel selection in my area since I am switching from Dish Network. I looked at the HD channel chart on AVSForums that shows the availability, and I was amazed by how many channels still have limited availability. I know that as more analog channels switch to digital, that opens up the space to add more HD but when will that happen? I wanted to post some of my findings compared to Dish Network.

GAINED AFTER SWITCHING FROM DISH
ABC Family HD, Disney Channel HD, Disney XD HD, ESPNews HD, ESPNU HD, FOX Sports Indiana HD, FOX Sports Midwest HD, Fuse HD, Gospel Music Channel HD, Home Shopping Network HD, Independent Film Channel HD, Ion TV HD, MLB Network HD, QVC HD, TV One HD, Women's Entertainment HD

LOST AFTER SWITCHING FROM DISH W/ NO SIGN OF BEING ADDED
Epix HD. Epix 2 HD, HDNet Movies, Logo HD, Pixl HD, RFD-TV HD, Shorts HD, Sony Movie Channel HD, Veria TV HD
The only ones on that list I really hope Comcast can get are Epix, HDNet Movies and Sony Movie Channel HD.

LIMITED AVAILABILITY W/ NO WORD ABOUT COMING TO KOKOMO
BBC America HD, Bloomberg TV HD, C-Span HD, C-Span 2 HD, CMT Pure Country HD, Cooking Channel HD, Crime & Investigation HD, DIY Network HD, EWTN HD, FearNet HD, FOX Soccer Channel HD, Galavision HD, GolTV HD. GSN HD, Hub HD, Jewelry TV HD, Lifetime HD, MavTV HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, OWN HD, Outdoor Channel HD, Ovation HD, Oxygen HD, PBS Kids Sprout HD, Reelz Channel HD, Smithsonian Channel HD, Sportsman Channel HD, Sundance Channel HD, TBN HD, World Fishing Network HD
Most of these are available in Chicago and some are available in Indianapolis already. CMT Pure Country HD apparently is available in Indy, although I never knew it launched. I am not interested in every one of these channels, but that's the complete list of channels available in a limited capacity for Comcast.

I will try to keep this updated for my area as much as possible.

Is it me or did Kokomo and some surrounding areas get Smithsonian HD on channel 1605 here recently? I knew it was On Demand, but this makes me happy. Good to have it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)