[COMCAST] HowTo - 30 second Skip trick for the Motorola 6412 DVR

ocaddict said:
MY GAWD THANK YOU!!! I just moved from Dish Network with a DVR-921 to this crappy (ok that's harsh, sub-par) Motorola HD/DVR Receiver. To my horror there was no SKIP FORWARD HOT BUTTON! This was an awesome tip, thanks bro!

.....sniff......I do miss my 921....

No Problem, it saved my sanity figuring out how to get back my 30 second skip. I know what you mean. I had a dish 522, and really liked it compared to the 6412. I'm used to the 6412 now, but i still find that i miss the remote from the dish box, it was very user friendly and fit nice in my hand. Such is life!

I'm about to switch to comcast and I too will miss the 921 remote. Anyone know if this fix will work on Motorola's 3412 also?

Yes the fix does work on the 3412, that's how this thread got bumped back up b/c of my post on it ;).

A few recommendations for you:

1) Don't turn it off. Turning the unit off seems to cause problems with it. Could have something to do with I sometimes have recordings scheduled while it would typically be turned off
2) Search for the mute fix int he wikipedia link in this thread. Glad I found out about it b/c that problem was bugging me to heck

txdude said:
I hope this hasn't been posed here before. If it has please ignore this.

Here is a little remote programing trick I saw on another site for your Comcast remote that will give you a Tivo like 30 second skip for skipping commercials on Comcast's DVR :)

1. Press the "cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
2. Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
3. Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
4. Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
5. Type in the code 00173 for the 30 second skip.
6. Press whatever button on the remote you want to map the skip function to. (I used the lock button).

I just did this to my 6412 using the Lock button as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)