Comcast is scrambling network hd channels

Doozer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
I have had comcast and directv for a while. I just got rid of my directtv. When I went to channel surf I noticed that I had no FOX<ABC<or NBC in hd. I still had the rest of the HD channels just no network channels. I have a digital qaum tuner that works great on most networks. How can Comcast get away with this. They are forcing me to rent a cable box just so I can receive network channels in hd.

If it was never promoted as something you got for free they're doing nothing wrong. Surely they incur costs as part of carrying them, seems natural that they'd pass that along in the form of having to properly have the equipment to decode their signal.

Could call and ask as why as well, could be something specific to your market.

Edit: Comcast making a lot of changes -http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/224053

Surely they incur costs as part of carrying them, seems natural that they'd pass that along in the form of having to properly have the equipment to decode their signal.
CATV has to carry locals whether you view them or not. Physically, as in the days of pulse telephone dialing and the introduction of touch tone dialing, they must go out of their way to deny them to you. That incurs a cost.

You would have to ask if the HD local carriage is dependent on what the subscribers are choosing (and how they determine if a subscriber gets HD locals) or if it is a flat rate deal.

I'm pretty sure that as others have pointed out, it doesn't matter what it costs (loss of revenue), clear QAM carriage is mandated.

When I dropped to basic cable, I was getting all of the local HD channels. After a while, a couple were dropped for some reason. The other day, I checked again and found that I was getting all but FOX. I'm not sure what they are doing.

When I dropped to basic cable, I was getting all of the local HD channels. After a while, a couple were dropped for some reason. The other day, I checked again and found that I was getting all but FOX. I'm not sure what they are doing.

You are proably still getting it they just moved it....Comca$t often changes where they put a channel so you have to rescan for it ever so often.

Don't be supprised if it is NOT mapped down to its analog number as they make changes on their headend the map down function can get lost in the mix.

Don't be supprised if it is NOT mapped down to its analog number as they make changes on their headend the map down function can get lost in the mix.
+1, A few weeks ago I lost my locals and was very ticked... I did a complete rescan (auto-program analog/digital channels) and viola! they were back (and for a change, the CBS station was actually coming in strong - before it was working at about 2 frames a minute) plus TCM is now "in the clear" in the 75.x channel range despite the fact that my system doesn't offer TCM (score!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)