Comcast launches 'Internet Plus' HBO bundle for broadband customers

Awesome for new customers, but I'm already a customer. I don't see it at all for existing customers. The cheapest (here) is $90 for internet + digital starter + HBO.

I signed up for it in the Atlanta market. This is a VERY good deal. All I had was Blast internet, at $39.99/mo.

Here is what I did:
Called Comcast and mentioned the $39.99 "internet plus" promo. Agent checked into it and said I qualified. He said they would ship me the box for free.

I get the box and it is an old school HD box. Activated the box and found that it did indeed include HBO. Note: package is very basic cable with all HBO channels. You also get HBOgo.

Now, since my box was an old dinosaur box, I took it to my local Comcast shop which is very close. They laughed at it and gladly gave me a nice shiny new HD box. Non dvr of course.

Lastly, I thought I would test Comcast out. Never been a fan of their customer service, but I wanted to see if I could get those few channels in HD. Only took one rep to get it added. She did say it was $9.99 a month HD fee, but she waived it for the first 12 months. I verified on my account and sure enough it shows $39.99 including local basic with HD.

Have to say. I am quite pleased with this. This is very aggressive for Comcast to do this. Glad to have HBOgo as well. I'm still a satisfied Dish customer and at this time have no thoughts of leaving. But, if Comcast expands this, it could get ugly for Dish or any other provider for that matter.

Hope this helps for those of you that have this promo available in your market.

Cheers.

I wonder what the bill would be after all the taxes/fees etc

Kinda thinking about this option myself. Have a Tivo so wouldnt need their box...just a couple cable cards (have a Series 3 which requires 2 of them) so that would be 1.50 for the 2nd card and a 2.50 credit on the account

I wonder what the bill would be after all the taxes/fees etc

Kinda thinking about this option myself. Have a Tivo so wouldnt need their box...just a couple cable cards (have a Series 3 which requires 2 of them) so that would be 1.50 for the 2nd card and a 2.50 credit on the account

The first box is included. Since I only opted for one I don't have any additional charges. I do expect taxes and the usual Comcast fees to go up a few bucks though.

Here in Minneapolis the 1st box is a SD only box...for $10 more you can get HD

I havent had Comcast in over 10 years (actually it was Time Warner then) so I dont know what the fees and stuff would be after that franchise fee, broadcast fee, taxes, because we can fees, etc.

Here in Minneapolis the 1st box is a SD only box...for $10 more you can get HD

I havent had Comcast in over 10 years (actually it was Time Warner then) so I dont know what the fees and stuff would be after that franchise fee, broadcast fee, taxes, because we can fees, etc.

Correct. Same in atlanta market. When I activated the box, I only received the SD channels. But they still gave me an HD box. Not sure why. That is why I called and sweet talked them inot adding HD free for 12 months.

If Charter offered this at that price I would be all over it. I wouldn't even take their cable box. I already pay $30 for 30Mb service. I would gladly pay the extra $10 just for HBO Go access. That would be much better than the $19 Dish is charging for HBO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts