Comcast pixelation on HD only

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
On some of my HD channels, I get severe pixilation occasionally to the point the picture goes out completely. It stays out a few minutes with the message, "This channel should be available shortly." I've replaced the box twice, opened the wall plate up and all connections look secure and tight. I have 1 splitter hooked up and even replaced it, removed it, everything. Changed wires, don't know what else to do. Comcast wants 70.00 to come out and fix whatever the problem is. Is it a weak signal? I need help!! I'm tired of this crap. HELP!! Thanks, Andy..PS--SD doesn't do this at all other than on the locals

On some of my HD channels, I get severe pixilation occasionally to the point the picture goes out completely. It stays out a few minutes with the message, "This channel should be available shortly." I've replaced the box twice, opened the wall plate up and all connections look secure and tight. I have 1 splitter hooked up and even replaced it, removed it, everything. Changed wires, don't know what else to do. Comcast wants 70.00 to come out and fix whatever the problem is. Is it a weak signal? I need help!! I'm tired of this crap. HELP!! Thanks, Andy..PS--SD doesn't do this at all other than on the locals

What box do you have?

My initial guess would be a weak signal. I'm aware that some boxes will tell you the signal level received by the box. Now, when they installed my setup, they installed an amplifier. The guy told me it was a known issue and that without it, I would have problems. When I have seen the pixelation problem, I've found that the amp was unplug.

Sounds like a line problem. I had to have mine replaced from Comcast's distribution box to my home box. Could also be the filter on their distribution box.

S~

UPDATE--Since I have removed the wall plate and straightned out the lead, it seems to work better. The lead was crammed up into the wall plate box. Not perfect but 90% better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)