[COMCAST] Question about HD Moto box and full screen picture

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
I just got a new 16x9 Rear projection LCOS set. One of the reasons I bought it was I got sick of the small picture on true HD broadcast with my Sony Wega HD 36 inch 4x3 Crt set.

Well am I not setting something correctly on this moto box as when I turn to true HD channels I still get the black letterbox above and below what I am watching. I thought with a true 16x9 set you get use of full screen with HD???

I get full screen with SD channels with either stretch or dynamic enableled. But with FULL enabled I dont get full screen with HD content.

I know at Cosco all the HD sets were showing full screen. Is there a hidden keystroke to get into a programming mode on the Motorola HD PVR box from Comcast???
Thanks.

iceshark said:
I just got a new 16x9 Rear projection LCOS set. One of the reasons I bought it was I got sick of the small picture on true HD broadcast with my Sony Wega HD 36 inch 4x3 Crt set.

Well am I not setting something correctly on this moto box as when I turn to true HD channels I still get the black letterbox above and below what I am watching. I thought with a true 16x9 set you get use of full screen with HD???

I get full screen with SD channels with either stretch or dynamic enableled. But with FULL enabled I dont get full screen with HD content.

I know at Cosco all the HD sets were showing full screen. Is there a hidden keystroke to get into a programming mode on the Motorola HD PVR box from Comcast???
Thanks.

With your remote press cable, power, menu. Make sure your TV Type is 16:9 and your YPbPr is set to 1080I. Also make sure that your TV is set to Normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts