[COMCAST] Remove Channels from Digital Guide

newton126

Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Is it possible to remove channels from the onscreen digital channel guide? I just switched from Directv and loved the fact that I could remove HSN, Univision, etc.

Thanks.

None that I know off. One of the things I miss about E* is that I can select the all subs guide and eliminate the channels I do not subscribe too, now with Comcast I have to browse through all the channels. Another thing with E*, even with the all channels guide, the channels were color coded, red if you did not sub and blue if you did, this was also a nice feature. Personally I liked E* guide and browse much better then Comcast digital cable guide.

(My onscreen guide says tv guide; I'm not sure if this is the one you mean or if there are other formats of digital guides). What I ended up doing on the 6412 was to use the Favorites feature. Went into setup/favorites setup and flagged the channels I did want to see. Now instead of the guide, I hit menu twice and then favorites, and get a listing of what I'm interested in. It takes a few more button punches to get there (but not many if I leave the favorites button highlit when I exit), but at least I can see my most frequently watched channels all on the same page and I don't see channels that aren't of interest to me.

Lurker Lee said:
(My onscreen guide says tv guide; I'm not sure if this is the one you mean or if there are other formats of digital guides). What I ended up doing on the 6412 was to use the Favorites feature. Went into setup/favorites setup and flagged the channels I did want to see. Now instead of the guide, I hit menu twice and then favorites, and get a listing of what I'm interested in. It takes a few more button punches to get there (but not many if I leave the favorites button highlit when I exit), but at least I can see my most frequently watched channels all on the same page and I don't see channels that aren't of interest to me.

The SA boxes don't even have that feature! All you can do with the favorites is Channel+ ! Ugh, useless!

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts