Comcast Sports Television - New Orleans?

bschulte

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2009
SW Illinois
After subscribing to the Multi-Sports Pack, I noticed Comcast Sports Television New Orleans (CSTNO) was missing. After some research here, I found that the channel is only available in a spotbeam over parts of Louisiana. However, when looking at The List, CSTNO in HD is shown with a CONUS beam on 129W.

I have an Eastern Arc install on a DISH 1000.4. My question is, if I mount a wing dish to point at 129W, would I get the HD version of CSTNO, or is it blacked out based on ZIP code? I want to mount a wing dish anyway to get more of the RSNs in HD on the Multi-Sports Pack, but I'm just curious as to how this works. I suspect, like SportSouth, the channel won't even show up in the guide unless I have a valid ZIP Code for that RSN.

I think it is by zip code only, But even if it wasnt, it isnt worth you going through all of that trouble to get the hd channel because it is a blank slate 99.% of the time.
Dish rarely shows the Hornets in hd, and they NEVER show anything else in hd.on that channel

I think it is by zip code only, But even if it wasnt, it isnt worth you going through all of that trouble to get the hd channel because it is a blank slate 99.% of the time.
Dish rarely shows the Hornets in hd, and they NEVER show anything else in hd.on that channel

Thanks for the info guys. I plan to get a wing dish to point at 129W anyway since I get the Multi-Sports Pack. That way I can get more college basketball games in HD from the western RSNs (my Eastern Arc install doesn't have any of the west coast RSNs in HD, understandably). I realize that right now DISH doesn't really do a lot of HD, picking and choosing what to air, but it's more of a future proofing thing than for right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts