Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD – All games in HD?

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
A couple of years ago I left Dish for Directv.

One of the reasons for my leaving was Dish’s habit of not showing all the games on CSN and CSN+ in HD.

Now I am considering moving back to Dish due to Dish having more national HD ( TCM, AMC, TRU, HLN. Etc)

I was reading the posts on this site and I discovered at the beginning of the last baseball season Dish was not showing all the HD games in HD.

At the end of season was Dish still not showing all the games in HD?

Does anyone have information about this coming baseball season? Will Dish have all the Cubs and White Sox games on CSN & CSN+ in HD?

I appreciate any information you can provide.

It still the same, only select games are shown in HD. Still no 24/7 HD RSN's on DISH.

To me this is one of the biggest issues DISH needs to fix. It stinks to want to watch you team play and turn it on only to have DISH not carry the game in HD.

It still the same, only select games are shown in HD. Still no 24/7 HD RSN's on DISH.

To me this is one of the biggest issues DISH needs to fix. It stinks to want to watch you team play and turn it on only to have DISH not carry the game in HD.

Thanks Scott.

It is a deal breaker.

I’d like to switch to Dish for the additional national HD channels. But, it is so frustrating knowing that a game is being broadcast in HD and Dish could show it in Hd; but they decide to show it only in SD.

Why does Dish do that? Is it a bandwidth issue? Or, is something else going on?

Thanks Scott.

It is a deal breaker.

I’d like to switch to Dish for the additional national HD channels. But, it is so frustrating knowing that a game is being broadcast in HD and Dish could show it in Hd; but they decide to show it only in SD.

Why does Dish do that? Is it a bandwidth issue? Or, is something else going on?

It all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I understand most business decisions come down to money. By doing this do we improve our bottom line.

If Dish shows 85% of the games on Comcast SportsNet Chicago in HD; does Dish have to spend more money to provide the remaining 15% of the games in HD?

Plus, they lose some money by not showing all the games in HD. There may not have been a lot of people who left Dish because of all the games not being in HD; but I doubt I was the only one. ( This was not the main reason – but it was a factor.)

Being a Bulls fan, I have kept track this year, and on CSN Chicago, we have had 4 games that were JIP and only 2 that were not shown in HD at all (but the visitor's feed WAS shown in HD). I have no idea on the Hawks games, but CSN Chicago, it has been decent. Don't have the total games on CSN so far, but only 6 have not been shown in their entirety in HD.

well i hope they fix problem soon
lets face it most peeps now got HDTV then SD i would think
hopefully Charlie will address this issue on the next Charlie chat !!! or not
LOL !!!

I think you may have more subs who would subscribe now that they have many national channels in HD. I dont think you have to be the sports junkie to want your game in HD when the RSN is showing it in HD, I think it would be a good move if they could add the full time HD feeds, other programing other then the games are in HD on the RSN

To get all the WCIU HD games the CSN + HD games and the CSN HD games you need Directv, comcast, or AT&T and you get all other CSN HD content + the FSN HD games on CSN HD and CSN + HD