Why no Starz channels?

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I have been reading on this site about the 1 year free Starz promotion. I thought that it was supposed to kick in automatically on February 1st. I have been a Dish Network customer for over 13 years, on auto pay and paperless. Does anyone know why I didn't get the Starz promotion? I am not currently on any other promotional offer from Dish.

It seems like every time there is a promotion I have to call in to get it. If it wasn't for this site, I would never know about them!

It depends on what your subscription level is. I'm sure Matt from Dish will be around here to assist you.

I was not include either---maybe because I sub to Starz already.

I was not include either---maybe because I sub to Starz already.

If you subscribed to Starz, you received the next gift which is Encore. If you had Starz and Encore, you got HD platinum. If you had all three of those (or no HD equipment), you get 6 PPV certificates. Also you need to have qualifying programming in order to receive the gifts.

Last edited:
By that list I should have received HD Platinum. If that is the case I am unaware of it. BTW if you have Starz don't you automatically get Encore?

I got HD Platinum and not Starz. I currently subscribe to Starz so i did the online chat and asked for Starz Free for 1 year and they gave that to me also. so I have both HD Plat and Starz both free for 1 year. Oh and I have America Top 250 that includes Encore with HD for Life.

The same thing happened to me. I got nothing. I went on chat today to ask why I was excluded and the CSR offered me free Starz. Since I had him on the line I thought I'd go for what I really wanted, which was a year of free Platinum instead. He had to run it by his supervisor, but they gave it to me. I've been a Dish customer for 14+ years so I was surprised to be left out. Glad I made the effort to do the chat.

On another note, I really got screwed when the Starz/Platinum promotion ended for me last month. I was still getting the Cinemax for a Penny deal as well as the 3 month Starz promotion. Like many others, when they cut off my Starz promotion they took all of my HD with it. I lost just about everything in the 300's. They took away my Cinemax too. If I'd known that was going to happen I probably wouldn't have participated. Then, on Jan. 31 I noticed I had been given back Encore. I thought maybe that was my Anniversary gift. It took me until today to remember that Encore is part of my 250 package and I was supposed to be getting it all along. They had taken it away for over a week due to the Starz wipeout. That's when I finally figured out I'd been left out of the anniversary giveaway all together. Still sore over Cinemax, but glad to have Platinum. So, all in all, a happy ending.

So a little confused. Are customers with the Top 250 package who pay on an annual basis, eligible or ineligible for the free gift?

Thanks for any replies.

So Matt, I have top 250 + Platimnum + HBO + South Asian Mega Pack + autopay + paperless billing. I got the Starz Channels the other day, but Some Encores are still showing Green. I am not talking about the wester, mystery etc. I am taking about Encore West etc. Should these be lit up?

Matt I have aep...if hd platinum included in that or am I paying $10 a month...

If i'm paying any way to cancel hd plat and then getting it for free for year ???

Thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)