Why no Starz channels?

Matt I have aep...if hd platinum included in that or am I paying $10 a month...

If i'm paying any way to cancel hd plat and then getting it for free for year ???

Thanks in advance

HD platinum is separate from AEP, and costs $10/month. You should have received 6 free PPV coupons, sorry but we can not change it.

Just wanted to mention that I did not get Starz on 2/1/11. I just dealt with MattG and he corrected it for me in speedy time.
Good to have Dish people here.

Speaking of AEP Whay is it grayed out on the website?

I don't necessarily want it I am just curious.

I don't necessarily want it I am just curious.

It seems to work OK for me. Can you post the link that's giving you trouble?

Just wanted to mention that I did not get Starz on 2/1/11. I just dealt with MattG and he corrected it for me in speedy time.
Good to have Dish people here.

Just a heads up for everyone - It is not put on annual programming accounts automatically, but we can fix this easily, otherwise the gift is not changeable.

OK...After reading this thread I know why I didn't get the Starz promotion. I pay annually for my top 250 programming. If you pay annually Starz does not get turned on automatically. This doesn't make sense to me because the people that pay annually are probably Dish's best customers!

I sent a PM to MattG so hopefully he can fix this issue for me.

Last edited:
Matt G asked where I was not seeing AEP. https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/programming/prepChangeProgramming.do I get there by clicking on My Programming on the website. AEP is listed but grayed out. I have viewed the page in diffeernt browsers and at different locations and it is always grayed out.

Again I don't want to order it at this time but it made me wonder if the package was discontinued or only available to grandfathered subs.

Matt G asked where I was not seeing AEP. https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/programming/prepChangeProgramming.do I get there by clicking on My Programming on the website. AEP is listed but grayed out. I have viewed the page in diffeernt browsers and at different locations and it is always grayed out.

Again I don't want to order it at this time but it made me wonder if the package was discontinued or only available to grandfathered subs.

I just went through that and mine is not grayed out. I have the package and it is checked......

I don't have it and it is grayed out. What I was wondering is whether only current subs that have it can see it? Since you sub to it that does not help. Maybe there is something about my account but I have tried it from different Windows 7 PCs with 3 different browsers and 2 different ISPs so it is hard to believe it is a tech problem.

But since I do not plan to order it maybe it is time to just drop this one.

I had the Starz 3 month promotion and somewhere a Platinum free promotion that both ended last weekend. When those channels went away, my locals went also for some reason. I figured something was wrong and called and after they reset my receiver I had just my locals and that's when I discovered that I would no longer have Starz or Platinum because the promotions had expired. No problem. I always figured I'd subscribe to Platinum as I find a lot to watch on those channels and I had read on here about the Starz for free deal starting so I figured I'd wait a couple days to see what happens. Well, no Starz. They gave me Encore. 6 SD channels that I will probably never watch. I called and asked if I could change Encore for Starz but they said since I had just had the 3 month Starz promotion I couldn't do this one. Seems like they could have given me 9 months or something. Anyway, I'm not paying for it but kind of feel like I got nothing with this deal.

K

I have the exact same story as you, Agent K.

I will never watch the SD Encores and the one HD Encore is still in Red and unavailable.

I feel like I got some Hello Kitty underwear from a well meaning niece. :D

My second batch of Starz 3 months free just expired today, so that was 6 months I got of free Starz. Just talked to a rep online about the Starz free 1 year and I got it! So that's 1.5 years of free Starz, 6 months of free HD Platinum, 3 months of free HBO/Showtime, and hopefully 1 month free of Skinemax.

Anyone know how to go about the Skinemax promotion? Is it still around? Are there any HBO/Showtime promos as well?

I have aep...hd plat...sports pack...pretty much most the channels

Asked about gift and was told it would be 6ppv coupons...after expressing my displeasure (in a very nice calm manner) was able to get hd free for a year and save a little bit of money...thanks dish

I didn't have the free Starz channels either, so I chatted with Dish and was told that since I have the Dish Family plan that I'm not eligible for the promotion and that I'd have to upgrade to the 120 plan. This stinks! I've been a loyal customer for almost two years now and since I only pay them $31/mo before taxes for Dish Family, locals, and DVR, I'm not eligible!! I thought the promotion was was to reward all Dish customers and to celebrate the 30th anniversary, but evidently you have to be a customer that pays a certain amount in order to receive the free channel. :(

I didn't have the free Starz channels either, so I chatted with Dish and was told that since I have the Dish Family plan that I'm not eligible for the promotion and that I'd have to upgrade to the 120 plan. This stinks! I've been a loyal customer for almost two years now and since I only pay them $31/mo before taxes for Dish Family, locals, and DVR, I'm not eligible!! I thought the promotion was was to reward all Dish customers and to celebrate the 30th anniversary, but evidently you have to be a customer that pays a certain amount in order to receive the free channel. :(

Dish's anniversary, Dish's promotion, Dish's rules...

I had the Starz 3 month promotion and somewhere a Platinum free promotion that both ended last weekend. When those channels went away, my locals went also for some reason. I figured something was wrong and called and after they reset my receiver I had just my locals and that's when I discovered that I would no longer have Starz or Platinum because the promotions had expired. No problem. I always figured I'd subscribe to Platinum as I find a lot to watch on those channels and I had read on here about the Starz for free deal starting so I figured I'd wait a couple days to see what happens. Well, no Starz. They gave me Encore. 6 SD channels that I will probably never watch. I called and asked if I could change Encore for Starz but they said since I had just had the 3 month Starz promotion I couldn't do this one. Seems like they could have given me 9 months or something. Anyway, I'm not paying for it but kind of feel like I got nothing with this deal.
K

I would trying calling back Again & Again. Sometimes playing CSR Roulette helps. Or you could PM one of the DISH People on here like "TonyG" & they could probably help you.

That's weird because at my other house I have DISH Family $25 a month, and I got the Starz free 1 year. You might wanna play CSR roulette.

Is the promo available to people billed by a third party? My girlfriend's father's account is billed through Windstream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)