Comcast Sportsnet HD in Chicago

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Does anybody know when and if Dish Network plans on offering Comcast SportsNET HD in Chicago? The White Sox and Cubs games are coming shortly, and Comcast has a majority of these games, even more than WGN. Would the RSN HD be offered on a local spotbeam or on a CONUS?

Comcast Sportsnet Chicago is a different beast than Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia.

CSN Chicago HD is one of the RSN HDs in the group being played with. It appears as though the engineers will be watching the Blackhawks tonight. :)

E* will not be offer any kind of local sports channel in HD any time soon if at all.

We don't know that. Several are upliinked as I write this. They may show up soon they may not show up soon but to say that they won't be offered anytime soon if at all is pure speculation, not an objective statement. :eek:

It appears as though the engineers will be watching the Blackhawks tonight.

No they won't. Tonight's game is not one of the five home games the Blackhawks were forced to televise.

We don't know that. Several are upliinked as I write this. They may show up soon they may not show up soon but to say that they won't be offered anytime soon if at all is pure speculation, not an objective statement. :eek:

They were uplinked around Sept. 07, 2006. That was almost 6 months ago! Sounds like this is not on top of the list of things to do over at E*.

So I still think RSNs will not be offered anytime soon if at all.

Being that it is Comcast Sportsnet should answer your own question.

CSN-Chicago isn't like Philly, which owns the network. In Chicago the owners of the Cubs, Sox, Bulls, Hawks wanted to keep more of the TV revenue so they pulled out of FSN and formed this channel. BTW, CSN-Chicago HD channel is also carried on DirecTV full time so if E* really wanted it they could probably have it, just pony up the $'s.