Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia in York/Hanover

krapfty36

Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
I moved to Hanover, PA in 1999 from Philadelphia and ever since, I have been forced to have Baltimore and Pittsburgh-centric sports programming. I have only seen a handful of Phillies games in 7 years and had to switch from Suscom to DirectTV last year to be able to get Flyers games on their NHL package. Now that Philadelphia based Comcast has bought Suscom, I am hoping that Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia will be made available in Hanover, PA like it is available in Harrisburg, Lancaster, and northern York County. Though close to Maryland, Philly sports fans (and there are a lot of them) should not have to be forced into other programming.
When I called Comcast, they told me there has to be a high demand for a channel before it would be added to a line-up... SO!!!
To all fans of Philadelphia sports in the Central PA area that want to see the Flyers, Phillies or Sixers or want Eagles coverage, call Comcast at 1-800-COMCAST and request that when Comcast Cable comes to York/Hanover that you want Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia to be in your channel line up.

Matt Krapf
Hanover, PA

At this point, the short answer is this: if they can work out the agreements, we'll have it. If they can't, we won't. Simple as that. All of the calling, petitions, etc., aren't going to change the rules the sports leagues agreed to.

Be happy you can watch Fylers games with D*. I'm in Reading and 90% of the Flyers games are blacked out even the ones on ESPN since they are also on Comcast Sportsnet.

Bad guide listings

New look for OnDemand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)