comcast sportsnet philly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
will the below line from the following article about new legislation allow Dish to carry Comcast Sportsnet Philly?
Line from bill:
Require cable competitors, including direct-broadcast satellite, to receive access to cable-affiliated channels that carry sporting events, but allow cable to maintain exclusivity for nonsports programming currently exempt under federal program-access laws.

The complete article:

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6330262.html?display=Breaking+News

Hope so.

Ron

Last edited:
ronfelder said:
will the below line from the following article about new legislation allow Dish to carry Comcast Sportsnet Philly?
Line from bill:
Require cable competitors, including direct-broadcast satellite, to receive access to cable-affiliated channels that carry sporting events, but allow cable to maintain exclusivity for nonsports programming currently exempt under federal program-access laws.

The complete article:

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6330262.html?display=Breaking+News

Hope so.

Ron

One would think it would. However it doesn't specify anything about pricing. So while Comcast might legally be required to allow access to it.. they could demand astronomical pricing which would continue to keep it local to cable only.

Time will tell.

Sam

With all the tax breaks Commiecast gets from the state and the city, they should have made it available a long time ago. I'm not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice.

PNotar said:
With all the tax breaks Commiecast gets from the state and the city, they should have made it available a long time ago. I'm not holding my breath, but it sure would be nice.

I wouldn't watch it but woul dlove to see more people leave comcast do to the availability of Sportsnet on both sat. services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts