Comcast Tech survey a waste of time and patience

Dir

Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
This is a tip not to waste your time taking the phone survey at the end of installation of Comcast's services.

I moved again and decided on Comcast's cable and internet service till I figure out whether to take up DISH or Directv.

The tech came at the given time but did a so-so job of installation. The previous tenants already had wired most of the house for DISH tv. So all the tech had to do was to connect the wires outside to the Comcast cable and yet he said that to connect more than one outlet, he would charge me $15.99 per new outlet. Since this is a temporary situation, I agreed to only one outlet as I was already paying about $55 just for the installation.

Next, he insisted I call up a number to complete a phone survey which would automatically give a $5.00 discount on the first bill. This is clearly stated on the Work Order sheet. The survey is one of those irritating ones about the tech's quality of service.

Well, the first bill arrived, and no discount. Called up customer service - Told by a very rude CSR that there is no record of my completing the survey and that I would have to take it again. She could not and would not help me further.

So I took it for the second time. I also emailed the customer service at Comcast to let them know the quality of service I received. And I got an email reply today - "With regard to your concern, I have checked that we do not give a $5.00
credit for every survey that is being done. The survey would actually be
our basis so that we will be able to continually strive to do the best
service for you. "
What a load of crap!! And what about the lies on the work order sheet?

This is by far the worst cable company I have dealt with. Previously at my other residences, I had Charter and TimeWarner respectively. TWC was the best - better and wider channel lineup, cheaper dvr service, great customer service (yeah, there were both billing and technical problems, but these were easily and politely solved), no charge for the tech coming out, and free installation to as many rooms as I wanted (only boxes were charged).

I am going to switch over asap when I decide what satellite package I want.
Thanks for allowing me to rant! It is not the $5 that is bugging me; it is the lack of respect for the customer's time and patience.

Yes Comcast has lousy customer service. They keep rasing their rates and deliver poorer service.
They have above normal outages and if you get their phone service; you won't be able to call them when the service is out. :)
Has anyone used FTA to replace them?

easy fix. just call back, let them know you took the survey but saw no credit, if they say they cant help, simply ask for the manager. If he says he cant help then ask for his manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)