referral program is the worst waste of time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catkoko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Their referral program (and CS) is the last straw. When my contract ends I am out of here :( I did a referral with an e certificate. the first installer went out to her house and told here he wouldn't install the system and left. A call to dish got a 2nd installer who installed the system , no problem. She gets her first bill, no $30 credit as offered. 3 phone calls later she finally gets the credit. meanwhile I don't get my credits, free rentals etc. Call dish, on hold forever, disconnected 1x finally told she has to be a customer for 31 days. They have the 'e certificate" linked to my account, even told me her name etc and it woud be automatically applied. Well its now almost 3 months and still no credits. I email dish 3x before anyone even answers me. then they tell me they have "no record of referral". i tell them its right in my account notes, phone rep even read it to me. Next email says nope, no notes, no referral! Now they say I have to get her account # and send it to them to get my credits! Good thing I know the lady well enough that she gave it to me. What if I didn't? Still waiting for my credits. My next referral will be to tell people to choose anything but dish!!!:mad:

My Uncle referred me to Dish about 8 months ago. I received my referral credit as a new customer but he has never received his bill credits.

A few months back I asked him if he was getting his credits and he told me no. We called Dish and they apologized and then said they would take care of it. Well I just visited him again and we looked at his billing history and still no credits have been applied.

I agree with you. The referral program can be a waste of time. I would be really mad if I didn't like Dish so much.

I referred a friend few months back and I called Dish Network asking when I will be receiving the $5 credit on my bill and they said, my friend didn't redeem my referral with their new account. Although on my Club Dish, it clearly states the code has been redeemed. Dish is horrible with their Club dish redemption.

I referred a friend few months back and I called Dish Network asking when I will be receiving the $5 credit on my bill and they said, my friend didn't redeem my referral with their new account. Although on my Club Dish, it clearly states the code has been redeemed. Dish is horrible with their Club dish redemption.
DirecTv is as bad or worse.

This is why I do not refer anyone. I tried to 9 yrs ago went through a mess. When I get asked who is better? I tell em to go to Sat guys and search what they like in programin. Some like cable some direct some dish. Flavors of life. That way they never blame me for bad choices. And have to chase my credits from dish.

I've done probably 7 over the last 8 years and have never had a problem either getting my $$ off my bill or my friends redeeming the certs.

If you don't like the referral program don't use it. Why get rid of a good quality product because of worthless program.

Why?

Because I won't give my hard earned $ to a company who doesn't value my business. They don't have to offer a referral program but as they choose to do so they need to honor it. They expect us to honor our contracts!

I referred someone and it showed on my account that the certificate was used and it took a dozen phones calls and 6 months before I started receiving the $5/month off. Also they never redeemed my PPV certificates. I have electronic billing and CC payment. I've mailed 2 certificates with all the areas filled in and never received a credit. So I agree with the OP, if you're going to have the program then make it work for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts