Comcast/TiVO is here

That's been tried and it doesn't work. Also, it has been noted that DD 5.1 no longer works either, just Prologic.

DD 5.1 no longer works? Jeez, as if I needed further demotivation to keep me from getting the Tivo software when it becomes available. That one makes absolutely no sense. Although more likely than not its just a software bug that they have to fix. If it is something that they did on purpose and intend on keeping in the software then that's really stupid and makes no sense.

What I hate about Comcast is that you have no idea if they know of the issues and are they working on them.

They keep the customer in the dark and expect you to accept what they give you as if it is the best thing since sliced bread.

That's been tried and it doesn't work. Also, it has been noted that DD 5.1 no longer works either, just Prologic.

I've just had my ComcaTiVo installed and 5.1 works. My receiver displays the information about what it's receiving from the source (DD, Pro Logic, etc) and it's getting DD from the Comcast unit. Menus are slow. Interface is much less hard on the eyes. The TiVo sound effects apparently do not get added to the DD stream on the way by, so I can't hear them. No 30 second skip makes Otto something something....

Yep, the sources over at AVS are saying that 5.1 doesn't work on the DCH3416 only. It works fine on the DCT3416. Comcast in New England has gone so far as to trade out the DCHs for DCTs with complaints.