Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
Springfield, MA
Comcast subscribers will pay just $2.95 extra per month for TiVo - TV Squad

"Comcast subscribers will pay just $2.95 extra per month for TiVo

Posted Nov 30th 2007 4:05PM by Brad Linder
Filed under: PVR Wire, Cable/Satellite, TiVo
comcast-tivo-search.jpg

If you've been waiting with baited breath to find out how much Comcast was going to charge customers for TiVo software on their Motorola set-top boxes, the wait is over: $2.95."

Okay. lets see.

Plus $6.95 for an addition STB, PLUS &12.95 for DVR/HD service, PLUS $2.95 for Tivo = $22.85 for a Tivo "like" unit!?

No thanks. I'll keep D* at $5 for ALL dvr's on the account. All with search features like Tivo!

All due respect, saying D*'s DVR is like TIVO is like saying a Jaguar is like a Yugo. There's no comparison. If D* didn't have a content advantage right now there would be a LOT more negativity. Some of us have said damn the content the DVR is a POS and I am not paying good money for it, and out the door it went. :)

Kudos to Comcast and TIVO for making it happen. :up Now if we could get D* and E* to get on board we would have something. :)

Comcast subscribers will pay just $2.95 extra per month for TiVo - TV Squad

"Comcast subscribers will pay just $2.95 extra per month for TiVo

Posted Nov 30th 2007 4:05PM by Brad Linder
Filed under: PVR Wire, Cable/Satellite, TiVo
comcast-tivo-search.jpg

If you've been waiting with baited breath to find out how much Comcast was going to charge customers for TiVo software on their Motorola set-top boxes, the wait is over: $2.95."

Is this rolling out in all area's? I'm switching to Comcast Thur, after ten years with Dish.

All due respect, saying D*'s DVR is like TIVO is like saying a Jaguar is like a Yugo. There's no comparison. If D* didn't have a content advantage right now there would be a LOT more negativity. Some of us have said damn the content the DVR is a POS and I am not paying good money for it, and out the door it went. :)
I agree, but most people just don't appreciate the differences - they just want it to go from point A to point B.

Now if we could get D* and E* to get on board we would have something. :)
Yes, like an inferior product compared to the 622/722.:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong...we will get a pair of Series 3/Tivo HD DVRs when we sign up with FiOS TV (can't stand cable DVRs), but we will certainly miss using our 622s.

No thanks. I'll keep D* at $5 for ALL dvr's on the account. All with search features like Tivo!

Not to nitpick, but it's closer to $6. (5.99)

But, I do agree with you regarding D*'s "one DVR fee per household" - for me, it's even better, since I pay $0 for all my D* DVR's. (grandfathered lifetimer here :D )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts