Comcast to Buy Time Warner Cable - Confirmed

Now they can bleed subscribers together instead of separately!!

Seriously though, this is bad news for California sports fans. We know how Comcast likes to play with their other RSNs, now they are gonna have their grubby little hands all over the Lakers and Dodgers channels?

While I really prefer the gov't stay out of way of business, I hope they make Comcast divest those networks somehow so all sports fans aren't screwed.

I switched from being a long time TWC bundle guy to DirecTV about two years ago and I couldn't be happier. I still have TWC for internet, but if this deal goes through I'll need to start checking out the competition in anticipation of the inevitable rate gauging.

I thought the US had anti-trust laws. Guess not.

Seriously, bad news for consumers. One company with over 30 million customers, control of one of the larger programming groups, NBC Networks, and also two of the largest ISPs. Combine that last point with rulings on net neutrality and their collective history of bandwidth caps, and we are looking at consumer disaster.

And now we will probably see Dish and DirecTV merger whispers once again.

I thought the US had anti-trust laws. Guess not.

Seriously, bad news for consumers. One company with over 30 million customers, control of one of the larger programming groups, NBC Networks, and also two of the largest ISPs. Combine that last point with rulings on net neutrality and their collective history of bandwidth caps, and we are looking at consumer disaster.

And now we will probably see Dish and DirecTV merger whispers once again.

There already is.... After Cable Merger, Get Ready for Satellite TV Merger Chatter Again http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cable-merger-ready-satellite-tv-144545775.html Cramer: Comcast a better run company http://finance.yahoo.com/video/cramer-comcast-better-run-company-140600129.html Duhhh Cramer you work for tem you going to say otherwise!! :D ;) :) Comcast agrees $45bn bid for smaller rival Time Warner Cable http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2d2e5ad6-9463-11e3-bf0c-00144feab7de.html#axzz2tDSswykL Yes, You Will Probably Get Screwed If The Comcast-Time Warner Deal Goes Through http://finance.yahoo.com/news/yes-probably-screwed-comcast-time-152932397.html

Last edited:
In the US? Anti-Trust? Are you serious?

A company that is a massive cable provider (Comcast) with a history of withholding their content from other competitors was allowed to buy a major distributor of television programming (NBC/Universal). John Sherman has been dead for over 110 years.

From an earlier different thread, how prophetic.

As far as I'm concerned, Comcast still hasn't met the conditions of their NBC merger (including making captive CSNs available at a reasonable price). They need to satisfy all of those obligations before they can court Time Warner or anyone else.

It's when you have a corner on the market do you remember are you old enough to remember January 1, 1984 does that date ring a bell

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Comcast gained video subscribers last year as it appears their XFinity services are starting to pay off. Offhand, I'm not sure how this is going to affect cable customers or whether it will be met with FCC approval.

Now they can bleed subscribers together instead of separately!!

Seriously though, this is bad news for California sports fans. We know how Comcast likes to play with their other RSNs, now they are gonna have their grubby little hands all over the Lakers and Dodgers channels?

While I really prefer the gov't stay out of way of business, I hope they make Comcast divest those networks somehow so all sports fans aren't screwed.

How do you spell monopoly

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

In all fairness to Cable, satellite (DirecTV and Dish) and the Telcos (AT&T and Verizon) now complete in the pay TV market. And let's not forget about all those up-and-coming video streaming services...and Google. It should be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)