Comcast Triple Play Premier Bundle:

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Well I just wanted you to know that I just switched over from my current triple play bundle into the Triple Play Premier bundle. This is what I had included in the bundle and the prices.

First the Triple Play Premier bundle includes the following services below for 159/month.

Comcast Digital Cable with all Premium channels. Starz, Encore, Cinemax, HBO, Showtime and The Movie Channel are included.

The Sports and Entertainment package "IS" also included.

The bundle above also includes "one" free HD DVR box which includes both the rental fee "and" DVR Service fee.

The bundle includes their 6Mbps high speed internet service.

The bundle also includes their phone service with unlimited local and long distance calling to anywhere in the US and Canada.

In my specific case I also had other charges above the 159/month and they are as follows.

My second DVR cost about 17 bucks a month which includes the rental fee, extra outlet charge and my DVR Service Fee for that box.

I also had my phone/internet modem fee of 3 bucks a month.

I also added their Boost internet service for an extra 10 bucks a month and in my area in Derry, NH I got the 16Mbps down and 1Mbps UP service. Powerboost goes above and beyond those speeds. Also I don't have the ability to order Verizon FIOS service but I still got the 16Mbps speeds instead of the 8Mbps speeds. It matters only in the city you live in and nothing more. If nearly all of New Hampshire can get the 16Mbps Boost service.

159.00 - Triple Play Premier Bundle.
17.00 - Second DVR fees.
10.00 - Boost Internet Upgrade (16Mbps).
3.00 - Modem rental fee.

189.00 - Total without taxes.
6.00 - Taxes.

195.00/month total fee for everything including all taxes.

Also when you order this bundle (both new and existing customers can order) you have two choices. You can lock the price in for two years but if you cancel before the two years are up you must pay a 150.00 cancellation fee that "is not" pro rated.

Your second choice is to accept the same exact offer but only for "one" year instead of two years but you won't have any cancellation fee "and" of course you can cancel at anytime without paying anything to cancel.

I took the one year route so I "could" cancel service in the future if things change.

I also tested my download speed with the latest ubuntu alpha using the Free Download Manager to show speeds in a real life download instead of a speedtest.

I hope this gives anyone reading a good feel of what they can get with Comcast at a good price too.

Attachments

• comcastspeed.JPG
    comcastspeed.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 551
i think its around the same in prince georges county maryland except hbo is not included. the first bundle they had was to compete with fios tv with 33 for three but verizon offered showtime starz encore and tmc all for 25.00 with comcast everything is seperate.

I have the same Premier bundle here in Atlanta... same charges (except the additional Boost Internet charge.. don't need it). Oh, and they waived my $5 additional outlet fee. So I only pay $12 a month for the additional DVR I have.

Wasn't offered the 2yr option. Probably would not have taken it if it was.

Is the triple play premier only availble in select markets?

I could be wrong but I believe its available nationwide. The boost internet upgrade will vary from market to market. It will either be 8Mbps or 16Mbps service. I'd say that if your living in a city that has Verizon FIOS (even if your home doesn't have it) available you will get the 16Mbps service but you would still need to call to confirm that as I'm sure this might vary even within the same city.

Wow I'm glad I popped into the Comcast forum this morning. That's as much as I'm paying right now without Voice and only 2 premiums. I have considered switching from Vonage to Comcast but previously I wouldn't be saving any cash. With this package though I would be saving some cash and get some more premiums. Does anybody have any comments on their Voice service? Is it better, worse, or the same quality as Vonage when it comes to features & voice quality?

hey longhorn i see your price break down, i have regualr triple play and get dvr fees so im higher than your bill,

my question i dont see any phone lines on your itimized tally
do you use comcast for home phone service? if so how much is it per month

Wow I'm glad I popped into the Comcast forum this morning. That's as much as I'm paying right now without Voice and only 2 premiums. I have considered switching from Vonage to Comcast but previously I wouldn't be saving any cash. With this package though I would be saving some cash and get some more premiums. Does anybody have any comments on their Voice service? Is it better, worse, or the same quality as Vonage when it comes to features & voice quality?

Thus far I've had Comcast Digital Voice service at two apartments in two different cities without having an outage yet. The only outage (I don't blame Comcast) is during an ice storm last winter that knocked some of the polls down. The reason I don't blame Comcast for this is because power, Comcast and Verizon lines were down so no matter what company you had for phone you wouldn't be getting service.

Maybe I'm lucky but Comcast Voice has been rock solid for me with great call quality and I've used Vonage before and had issues while I was at Bright House Networks in Florida. My BHN internet service was always rock solid so I believe my issues were from Vonage and not the quality of my internet connection.

Beyond that Comcast provides a modem with a battery backup in case power goes out. Also because Vonage and other VOIP companies use the internet to route your phone calls you could see issues if that collective internet is having a bad day. The reason I say this is because Comcast and many other cable phone services don't use the internet to route calls. Your calls and sent through the cable companies network (closed network) until it reaches the local phone companies switching station (in my case Verizon is the company). From that point the call is completed as normal.

This allows cable companies to have much more control over their bandwidth usage and needs when call volume is high. Remember other VOIP providers such as Vonage cannot control the condition of the internet.

This isn't to say that other VOIP companies aren't good because they are I'm just giving you the benefits and drawbacks of each.

Comcast has nearly all of the calling features included plus unlimited local and long distance calling to anywhere in the USA and Canada. Comcast also has a web portal at Untitled which allows you to view all your call details and any voicemail messages can be played back (full audio) on your computer.

I hope this gives you a good overview of Comcast Digital Voice and its benefits and problems.

hey longhorn i see your price break down, i have regualr triple play and get dvr fees so im higher than your bill,

my question i dont see any phone lines on your itimized tally
do you use comcast for home phone service? if so how much is it per month

I get Comcast digital voice home phone service which includes unlimited local and long distance calling anywhere in the USA and Canada. This phone service is included in the triple play premier bundle as its ummm a triple play bundle.

My CDV works excellent without ever having an outage.

I am paying about $220 @month with 2 dvrs, 2stbs, S&E package, CSI (6mbs), CDV with 2 numbers but i only get 2 premiums.

sounds like a good offer. i live in CT.
thanks for the info

ordered the triple play premier in CT. only difference with longhorn is my taxes are higher about $15 per month.

its great to have all the preimums and their on-demand access.

comcast did not require a 1 or 2 year committment.

My new job now means I cannot be home Sunday afternoons so I had to order DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket. Because of this I talked with a very nice lady at Comcast and told her why I had to switch (huge football fan working Sunday afternoon lol). I asked if I could downgrade to the double play bundle discount and she said no problem at all. I've always been happy (still am) with Comcast and this just proves again that Comcast in my specific area treats me very very well.

So I'm getting the 6Mbps internet service and digital voice service with all fees and taxes for about 75 bucks a month which I'm very happy with. I was really thinking of getting Verizon FIOS and a VIOP offering but I'm happy this worked out. My landlord included FIOS 5Mbps service for free but I couldn't even upgrade to the 15Mbps service so I didn't bother with it as it would require a one year agreement which I didn't want to sign when the price would go even higher after the first year for the service. I have no track record of being able to continue to get a discount after a promo with Verizon like I do with Comcast.

My landlord also could include Comcast internet service for free but again its only for the basic lite service which is like 1-2Mbps down which isn't worth it for me. Plus I couldn't get a discount with just their phone service so when all is said and done I just spent the money to get what I really wanted and not settle for something I didn't want. When all is said and done my final bill for everything won't be much more than what I paid to Comcast for the triple play but I feel its worth the little extra money per month. I will miss Comcast though as out of all the companies I've been with I've enjoyed being their customer the most as I felt they really valued my business and they showed this where it counted which is on the bill.