Comcast unable to install service.

edarca

Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
I am Very disappointed that Comcast technician was not able to install service at my house (I am thinking to move to Comcast from Uverse due beIN Sports). I believe he was confused due to I have Uverse service. I think the outlet I wanted the Comcast receiver installed is available and not connected with Uverse. I see the cable for that outlet runs directly from the comcast outside box. I will be calling Comcast to see if they can send someone else. I did not feel the contracted installer had enough knowledge, never used the toner to find out if the outlet was linked to the comcast box outside of my house.

Anyone has or had both service running in parallel? I understand that inside wiring is configured for Uverse (2 outlets) but the other 2 outlets are not plugged to the splitter in the attic and looked like they are coming from the outside of the house (comcast box)

depends how the wiring was configured. As long as you dont want both services on the same tv, you should be ok in theory. Did you clearly explain to the tech that the tvs you wanted connected to comcast were not currently connected to uverse and if they were he would have had permission to disconnect them? I understand where the tech came from, if he couldnt run new lines and uverse was using the exising than yea, you as the customer have to choose one or the other, not both. But also if the wiring was old it may not have been compatible. Lot to think about without seeing it in front of me so Im going to leave my opinion in line with the installers, but you are always welcome to a second opinion. Let us know how things turn out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)