Comcast, what are you doing?

daverp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
When I first got Comcast their top package had HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, and TMC. I move into a new house and their top package only has HBO, Showtime, and Starz, same price less channels. I call to make some changes today and am now told their top pack only includes two premium channels, not mention a price increase for DVR, even less channels for more money!

No wonder almost every house has a dish in my subdivision.

Digital Premier you get all 5 movie ...

When I first got Comcast their top package had HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, and TMC. I move into a new house and their top package only has HBO, Showtime, and Starz, same price less channels. I call to make some changes today and am now told their top pack only includes two premium channels, not mention a price increase for DVR, even less channels for more money!

No wonder almost every house has a dish in my subdivision.

Your confused...
The Digital Silver Package and above allows you to select anywhere from one-to-five of the following Premium Channels and their respective plexes.
HBO - You get HBO & HBO Plex
Cinemax - You get Cinemax & Cinemax Plex
ShowTime - You get Showtime & Showtime Plex
Starz! - You get Starz! & Starz! Plex
The Movie Channel - You get TMC & TMC Plex
Number of Premium Channels allowed per package:
Digital Platinum allows you to enjoy all 5 of the Premium Channels listed above.
Digital Gold allows you to choose 2 of the 5 Premium Channels listed above.
Digital Silver allows you to choose 1 of the 5 Premium Channels listed above.

Your confused...
The Digital Silver Package and above allows you to select anywhere from one-to-five of the following Premium Channels and their respective plexes.
HBO - You get HBO & HBO Plex
Cinemax - You get Cinemax & Cinemax Plex
ShowTime - You get Showtime & Showtime Plex
Starz! - You get Starz! & Starz! Plex
The Movie Channel - You get TMC & TMC Plex
Number of Premium Channels allowed per package:
Digital Platinum allows you to enjoy all 5 of the Premium Channels listed above.
Digital Gold allows you to choose 2 of the 5 Premium Channels listed above.
Digital Silver allows you to choose 1 of the 5 Premium Channels listed above.

I don't think he is confused at all. Perhaps in your neck of the woods, as well as mine, you can can get the platinum package that offers all 5 premiums. Perhaps our OP has moved into a bandwidth starved area and he can only get as much as he says he can get. Not all areas are alike.

I don't think he is confused at all. Perhaps in your neck of the woods, as well as mine, you can can get the platinum package that offers all 5 premiums. Perhaps our OP has moved into a bandwidth starved area and he can only get as much as he says he can get. Not all areas are alike.

What does BW have to do with anything? If they let you choose between them that means that have to broadcast them all.. So rather you pick one or the other its still their and uses the same about of BW.. The channels take the same space watched or not watched.

In Aurora, Il the top package is now "OnDemand Gold Plus" for $88.99

"Our Digital Gold package includes two premium channels. Choose from: HBO, Showtime, and Starz. Each premium includes multiple channels. "

Two years ago (before I moved) I was paying $79.00 for all five premium channels. Since I moved I was paying $84.99 for three premium channels.

When I called to make some changes today I was told I need to be put into one of their current packages. So with the price increase for the package and the DVR free going up they were telling me my bill would go up almost $7.00 and I would lose a premium. I told them to cram it with walnuts.

PS. My current package is OnDemand Palatum (only three premium), which they said has been renamed to OnDemand Gold Plus.

What does BW have to do with anything? If they let you choose between them that means that have to broadcast them all.. So rather you pick one or the other its still their and uses the same about of BW.. The channels take the same space watched or not watched.

I agree it definitely not BW. They just sent out a thing with the bill talking about their recent all digital conversion has freed up space to expand their "great service offerings" including HD, OnDemand, and Voice and Data services, "more news to come on this in the future", which I am also holding my breath for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)