Comcast will let you watch Netflix like a regular cable channel

Cable and satellite should have been doing this for years. I remember saying that this should happen 3 years back, but to many in the industry said it couldn't be done because netflix was a competittor. They should have been looking at it from an HBO standpoint all along versus a competitor. You should be able to add netflix as apart of your cable bill. Win win for everyone.

Reactions: Troch77
Cable and satellite should have been doing this for years. I remember saying that this should happen 3 years back, but to many in the industry said it couldn't be done because netflix was a competittor.
DISH has been offering Netflix on the Hopper and Hopper w/Sling since late 2014. Netflix lists a few MCVPs (typically using TiVo boxen) in their STB list of devices.

It will be interesting to see what kind of a deal Comcast works out with Netflix (or maybe it is part of their existing bandwidth agreement) to siphon off business in exchange for keeping people beholden to their X series DVRs.

I suspect that we're going to see a battle between the cable providers and the FCC with respect to 'ne whether their demand offerings (including UHD) are classed as general broadband bandwidth.

Curious to see how this is implemented on my X1 and if it will include UHD. Not that I'm lacking in ways to watch Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts