Come on Dish! Get a SiriusXM app!

I looked it up SXM Patriot is channel 125 and is Conservative Talk Radio.

Is Rush still around?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I looked it up SXM Patriot is channel 125 and is Conservative Talk Radio.

Is Rush still around?

I don’t think Rush has ever been on satellite radio. He’s exclusively an AM radio and online streaming guy. Andrew Wilkow’s “The Willow Majority” actually airs at the same time on SiriusXM as Rush Limbaugh which airs on other stations not on satellite radio. Yes Rush is still on, but I hardly ever listen to him. I primarily listen to Andrew Wilkow, Mark Levin, and David Webb.

Sorry channel 93 is Rush Radio and no it has nothing to do with Limbaugh. It’s all talk of Mixed Martial Arts and Pro Wrestling.

IMG_1392.JPG

Reactions: edisonprime
The DISH / SiriusXM agreement is for "select" SiriusXM music channels, not all of them.

If you want all of them you need to subscribe to SiriusXM.
Still, it would be nice if we could use our Dish subscription to authenticate the SiriusXM skill on Alexa, so we could listen to those "select" stations directly through an Echo Dot, without needing to use the Dish receiver.

Still, it would be nice if we could use our Dish subscription to authenticate the SiriusXM skill on Alexa, so we could listen to those "select" stations directly through an Echo Dot, without needing to use the Dish receiver.
You hit the nail on the head....no receiver = no income for dish

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

You hit the nail on the head....no receiver = no income for dish
Huh? We would still need a receiver to watch the rest of the Dish channels. Plus, we would be buying the SiriusXM channels from Dish, instead of getting them directly from SiriusXM. If necessary, Dish could arrange it so that the (Dish channels-only) SiriusXM Alexa skill would only work if the Echo Dot is also paired to control a Dish receiver with the Dish skill.

Huh? We would still need a receiver to watch the rest of the Dish channels. Plus, we would be buying the SiriusXM channels from Dish, instead of getting them directly from SiriusXM. If necessary, Dish could arrange it so that the (Dish channels-only) SiriusXM Alexa skill would only work if the Echo Dot is also paired to control a Dish receiver with the Dish skill.
No..alexa (in a dot)would grab the siriusxm's stream from the internet...not the dish receiver

No..alexa (in a dot)would grab the siriusxm's stream from the internet...not the dish receiver
I know that. My point was that if we are already paying for those music stations through our Dish subscription, why should we have to pay for those exact same stations again (through SiriusXM) just to have the convenience of listening to them through the Dot? I am not interested in accessing the additional stations that would come with a SiriusXM streaming subscription.

The part about requiring it to also be paired to a Dish receiver was meant to address the concern you raised about it costing Dish revenue if we don't use their receiver. I was not suggesting the Alexa functionality as a means of replacing a Dish receiver. It's just that it would be nice to not have to use the Dish receiver all of the time, if all we want to do at the time is listen to the SiriusXM stations.

I know that. My point was that if we are already paying for those music stations through our Dish subscription, why should we have to pay for those exact same stations again (through SiriusXM) just to have the convenience of listening to them through the Dot? I am not interested in accessing the additional stations that would come with a SiriusXM streaming subscription.

The part about requiring it to also be paired to a Dish receiver was meant to address the concern you raised about it costing Dish revenue if we don't use their receiver. I was not suggesting the Alexa functionality as a means of replacing a Dish receiver. It's just that it would be nice to not have to use the Dish receiver all of the time, if all we want to do at the time is listen to the SiriusXM stations.
It's a conspiracy between john malone and charlie

It's not about costing Dish revenue. It's about costing SXM revenue. Using SXM through an Echo Dot is considered a premium feature.

Reactions: edisonprime
It's not about costing Dish revenue. It's about costing SXM revenue. Using SXM through an Echo Dot is considered a premium feature.
Still, it can be frustrating listening to the SiriusXM stations through the Dish receiver and hearing them advertise for the Alexa feature, knowing that it does not work with my subscription, especially if my Echo Dot hears the ad and interprets it as a command to start playing something completely different from what I was listening to on SiriusXM.

Still, it can be frustrating listening to the SiriusXM stations through the Dish receiver and hearing them advertise for the Alexa feature, knowing that it does not work with my subscription, especially if my Echo Dot hears the ad and interprets it as a command to start playing something completely different from what I was listening to on SiriusXM.

Change the trigger word. I changed mine to "Computer." Problem fixed!

Actually you guys and gals on your cellphone if you download the DTS playfi app siriusxm app is on there and if you use Dish music app on your hopper 3 you guys can listen to it on hopper 3 dvr just to let you know :) Dish did have a siriusxm and dish music on the hopper 3 dvr along time ago and it was discontinued maybe it is time to bring it back on the hopper 3 dvr. also a good one on the hopper 3 dvr it is not on dts play-fi would be slacker radio just a idea? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)