Come On People! My Rant

Gottcha, I guess that makes sense then. I run everything through my Amex so I only have to pay 1 bill per month. Points are great! I haven't paid for a vacation in years!

the original ones i aimed this thread at were the hoppers... the ones who switch from E* to D* to C* and back again. if your receiver has 4 numbers in its nomenclature.. im all for you getting the new.. if not your still too young

both d* and e* are in the business to make money. not give it away. promo hoppers kill profits. and why does everyone think just because the equipment is leased that they should not be liable for any charges for shipping when it is faulty and needs replaced. try leasing a car and telling the dealership that they have to pay for all repairs and maintenance since they "own" the car and it is leased. and if you dont want to pay the shipping and handling, may i suggest dhpp? and when you are in posession of a dvr, dont expect the programs you record to last forever. it is a computer in the dvr. the harddrive is a part that may fail and need replacing/formatting. do you expect everything on your pc to be on their forever? no, you back it up in the form of cd or dvd. so buy a dvd recroder and regularly back up your recordings. or how about this??? just get around to watching your recordings. if you have 20+ hours of recordings, you wil never catch up to watching them. not with all the timers you most likely have already set up for future recordings.

Do do you work for Dish, own stock, buddies with Charlie, etc?

First, leasing a car is one of the worst investments most people can make. Also, with a car lease, it is for a definite period after which you have the choice of returning it or buying it outright - not so with Dish (at least under my agreement). At the end of the lease, if you return the car, you can get a new one under new terms - being able to get any special offers being made available. I don't think a lease is a very good analogy here.

As for expecting to lose programming on the DVR... of course it runs on a hard disk. I'm not an idiot thinking that it will last forever. This, too, is a bad analogy. One big difference between my DVR and my PC is that I can back up important information on my PC. Dish has chosen not to give me that option (even though there is a USB connection on the back of the receiver). The only way to backup, as you suggest, would be to play the recordings onto a DVD recorder or VCR - pretty much defeating the purpose of having a DVR in the first place.

Finally, who are you to judge how I choose to watch my recordings? With a very active family with varied schedules, many programs may be recorded and not watched for several days, weeks or even months (we have some that were recording during regular season and watched during the summer). How I choose to use my DVR is not of your concern.

The longer I follow this thread, the more I realize that my loyalty to Dish may be misplaced and perhaps it would be in MY best interest to join the so-called "promo hoppers".

how do you back up the info on your computer if you dont have to put it on dvd or cd? i really dont see how the comment i made that backing up your dvr was any different. oh, and the usb port has been activated on the 622/722 receivers. and even with a family of 5, on a 625/522, thats 20 hours a piece of recordings that are saved. and if your family is as busy with all their schedules, get real, they still arent prolly going to be able to get around to all the recordings. and if they do, perhaps you should get a second dvr in the house. oh, and how you choose to use your dvr, is one of my concerns when you preach about how you use it on this website. want people to not comment on how you use, perhaps keep how you use your dvr to yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts