Comedy Channel HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Anyone know when or if Comedy channel will go HD? I couldn't find anythhing, with a search. That's about the last SD channel. that I watch.

There have been rumors about Comedy Central going HD soon since at least 2004. I woudl not hold my breath.

Unfourtantley, I haven't heard anything about Comedy Central HD....the question comes down to is at what point in 2008 they will start having one.

Seriously, why are you guys clamoring for another placeholder channel? Are any of their shows shot in HD besides maybe "South Park"? I'm not criticizing your choice. I just want to understand it.

I don't see it happening anytime soon. The Daily Show and Colbert Report don't even have an HD system setup and most other shows aren't filmed or made in HD. There just isn't any reason for them to make the switch.

Although you call it a 'placeholder', even if the show is not shot in HD, a switch to HD MPEG4 digital stream would make the current shows look so much better unlike the horrid looking feed that we receive on our HDTVs right now....:eek:

Well one thing I can say for sure Comedy Central will have to be HD or will not be on the air. I know most of my friends with their new HD TV will not watch anything in SD. They of course will watch phony HD as long as it is called HD

Seriously, why are you guys clamoring for another placeholder channel? Are any of their shows shot in HD besides maybe "South Park"? I'm not criticizing your choice. I just want to understand it.

some of us want to switch to the HD only package and won't do it until certain channels are added that we watch in sd right now.. this is one channel i want before going to the HD only package.
there are very few channels that i watch in sd and i'm still having to pay for all the others i don't watch.

If everybody would quit watching those hard on your eyes SD programs then maybe their rattings would go down and the big wigs of each individual network will get off their arse buy some HD cameras and get with the program. This HD stuff reminds me of the ole Atari days where most are burned out playing Space Invaders, Frogger and Dig Dug and would like to play (see more HD) Super Mario Bros.

Thats like telling everyone to boycott buying Mobile gas and hoping they will lower their gas prices...it wont ever happen.

Since some of us have "stand alone" HD, every channel that goes HD is a channel we didn't HAVE before! So I'm all for Comedy Central HD (even if it's mostly SD content). :)

Same here... Comedy Central and BBC America are two i'm hoping for on top of the March promise list...then i'm ok for the all HD package. :p :)

The second Dish gets Speed channel HD and Comedy Central HD I switching to the HD only pack as well. Im tired of paying for all the other crap I dont watch. Everything I watch now except those 2 channels is already HD.

Since some of us have "stand alone" HD, every channel that goes HD is a channel we didn't HAVE before! So I'm all for Comedy Central HD (even if it's mostly SD content). :)

Right with you. Stewart and Colbert are almost the only thing I miss about my old pack. But it just wasn't worth $25/month when I can watch on the net later.

Plus, Viacom hasn't had any qualms about launching MTV, VH1, and CMT HD with no HD content. Why not Comedy Central HD?

I think at this point, it's because of the HD only package.

I have pretty much everything right now. The AT250 (or whatever it's called now) channels are a bit of a luxury...every time there's a price increase, I consider dumping them. But I like VH1 Classic, my wife like style and Fine Living, I watch Encore and Fox Movies on occasion...so it sticks around.

But I would consider going to the HD only pack if it had a few more of what I would consider "essential" channels....whether or not they were actually HD. For me, it would be Comedy Central, TCM, IFC, maybe a couple others. This recent batch really took care of a lot of them. And Cartoon Network HD is surprisingly watchable! I was so sure it would be in stretch-o-vision.

BTW...this topic makes me nostalgic for the "The Comedy Channel" as it existed in it's original form. I don't believe anything remains on Comedy Central from those days. It would be fun if they had a little block at 2am for reruns of Higgins Boys & Gruber, Allan Havey (can't remember what his show was called), Short Attention Span Theatre, ect.

Only one episode of south park was created in HD and I read that it crashed their computers creating it. Microsoft offered it free for a while on Xbox live and it looked really nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)