COMET coming to Kansas City confirmed by the network

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I emailed Comet and asked them when they'd be coming to my DMA (Kansas City Mo/Ks) and they said they are coming here for sure but no ETA as of yet. We don't have a single Sinclair-owned station here, which leaves me to wonder which network they'll piggyback on. Anybody else who's familiar with this market care to spitball?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I emailed Comet and asked them when they'd be coming to my DMA (Kansas City Mo/Ks) and they said they are coming here for sure but no ETA as of yet. We don't have a single Sinclair-owned station here, which leaves me to wonder which network they'll piggyback on. Anybody else who's familiar with this market care to spitball?

I don't know your market first hand but looking at the Comet affiliate list, it appears they have a few Tribune stations.

Their appears to be room on WDAF to squeeze one more 480i station.

I would not mind having a LP station similar that in my area.

Though an LP station never seems to be carried on cable unfortunately.

My area has WHVL and they have MyNetworkTV and Buzzr yet Atlantic Broadband will only carry MyNetworkTV not the Buzzr subchannel as of yet.

Frustrating as I would really like to see Buzzr but I think Atlantic Broadband is pretty much ignoring WHVL being they are an LP because it's been since April now since they added Buzzr.

I would not mind having a LP station similar that in my area.

Though an LP station never seems to be carried on cable unfortunately.

My area has WHVL and they have MyNetworkTV and Buzzr yet Atlantic Broadband will only carry MyNetworkTV not the Buzzr subchannel as of yet.

Frustrating as I would really like to see Buzzr but I think Atlantic Broadband is pretty much ignoring WHVL being they are an LP because it's been since April now since they added Buzzr.

I have to applaud the owner for how ambitious he is; he is basically trying to cover the Kansas City and Topeka metro areas by utilizing 3 different LP transmitters all utilizing a "virtual" channel 25. Then he's running 12 sub-channels on each of those. While I'm outside the range of his signal, it sometimes comes in at night via tropo.

http://tv25.tv

I doubt he'll be carrying COMET TV though since I'm guessing he's maxed out!

Half of those on KCKS-LD like Buzzrtv,Retrotv,Weathernation,Justice Network,REV'N,The Q,Vibrant,Untamed Sports,Newsmax would like to see on Cable systems here in KC area. It's other 2 This TV 4.3 will show up on Cable systems here at some point. Jelwery TV is a National Channel.
Comet TV good that it is coming and Antenna TV Classics will show up on FOX4KC. Heroes and Icons on KMBC/KCWE. That leaves Decades,My Family Network,MiCasa,Accuweather and so on. GETTV,TN,Sonlife is on KAJF but is also low power to

Half of those on KCKS-LD like Buzzrtv,Retrotv,Weathernation,Justice Network,REV'N,The Q,Vibrant,Untamed Sports,Newsmax would like to see on Cable systems here in KC area. It's other 2 This TV 4.3 will show up on Cable systems here at some point. Jelwery TV is a National Channel.
Comet TV good that it is coming and Antenna TV Classics will show up on FOX4KC. Heroes and Icons on KMBC/KCWE. That leaves Decades,My Family Network,MiCasa,Accuweather and so on. GETTV,TN,Sonlife is on KAJF but is also low power to

I can receive KAJF pretty well where I'm at, but it's choppy at times

Half of those on KCKS-LD like Buzzrtv,Retrotv,Weathernation,Justice Network,REV'N,The Q,Vibrant,Untamed Sports,Newsmax would like to see on Cable systems here in KC area.

Sometimes I wish I had more knowledge of how exactly cable carriage agreements are made and especially why they take so long.

Like one example that is confusing is, Sinclair has a station here that had MeTV and GRIT and both were carried by basically every local cable system.

Then when GRIT at .3 became Comet but GRIT was re-added at .4 not a single cable system except 1 will carry GRIT, every other one only carries MeTV and Comet.

I can't figure out why nobody wants the Buzzr on the local LP station when virtually every Buzzr affiliate seems LP and Comcast carries them in many places.

Cable Carriage Agreements sometimes appear to have no real logic, seem to be so secretive, and you never know when subchannels will be carried or even which ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)