This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Coming back from suspended account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbalone

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Hope someone here can offer suggestions -

My situation - in 2006 I signed up for DTV. I was able to get it for about a year and then a tree grew enough to block a good signal. I live in an apartment and have been unable to do anything about it. Long story short DTV suggested I suspend my account until something changed. Believe it or not two years later my account is still suspended. I called a few weeks ago and told them my situation still had not changed and they do not want to cancel so they suspended it again and are now giving me $5.00 credit each month too. Anyway my situation is about to change. I will move in December to a townhome with a great view of the great southern sky. I have the old tivo dvr setup. I have been using TWC . I also now have a nice HD tv. If I go back to DTV I no longer want the tivo set up. I want as many HD channels I can get and the HDDVR. What can I expect from DTV. Will they let me do this? and at what cost? Should I just cancel and then start all over when I move?

You can buy whatever receiver you want and give D* the old box back. Will they let you cancel without paying the full contract? Did "suspending" your account freeze whatever contract you had? Maybe you can "move" your service: 1-877-616-MOVE

The HD DVR is currently $199 at D*. To make sure you get the largest hard drive possible, you may want to consider going to Best Buy (retail store or online) and get the HR22. From what I understand, you get whatever model D* sends you.

You can always try and work a deal when you call D* for moving/upgrading. Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.