Coming back from suspended account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbalone

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Hope someone here can offer suggestions -

My situation - in 2006 I signed up for DTV. I was able to get it for about a year and then a tree grew enough to block a good signal. I live in an apartment and have been unable to do anything about it. Long story short DTV suggested I suspend my account until something changed. Believe it or not two years later my account is still suspended. I called a few weeks ago and told them my situation still had not changed and they do not want to cancel so they suspended it again and are now giving me $5.00 credit each month too. Anyway my situation is about to change. I will move in December to a townhome with a great view of the great southern sky. I have the old tivo dvr setup. I have been using TWC . I also now have a nice HD tv. If I go back to DTV I no longer want the tivo set up. I want as many HD channels I can get and the HDDVR. What can I expect from DTV. Will they let me do this? and at what cost? Should I just cancel and then start all over when I move?

You can buy whatever receiver you want and give D* the old box back. Will they let you cancel without paying the full contract? Did "suspending" your account freeze whatever contract you had? Maybe you can "move" your service: 1-877-616-MOVE

The HD DVR is currently $199 at D*. To make sure you get the largest hard drive possible, you may want to consider going to Best Buy (retail store or online) and get the HR22. From what I understand, you get whatever model D* sends you.

You can always try and work a deal when you call D* for moving/upgrading. Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)