Coming back to Dish after 2 years

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
I haven't had an active account with E* in about 2 years and am planning on coming back. I would appreciate some feedback from the experts as I "hook up" again!

I'm moving to zip code 17022 (Elizabethtown, PA) and was told that I would be using Western Arc sats at 110, 119 and 129 (I thought 129 was dead but, I haven't been keeping up with the latest info so, I don't really know). I was also told that I'd be using either a 1000 or 1000.2 dish.

My old set-up included 2 D500s on 110, 119 and 61.5 with an AEP/HD package and premiums so, I'm in new territory here...

I'm looking to have a 3 room all HD set-up from 2 722s and a 211. I'd like to future proof to ensure that I receive all available HD channels.

I'd appreciate some input as to the proper/optimum sats, dishes and switches that I'll be using. Also, is there any way to still get an All HD/Only HD package? The last time I moved and disconnected was right around the time that E* was phasing out that option...

Finally, from speaking with a CSR, my account information is still in their system. Will I qualify for new customer discounts, etc? Also, the local telephone/DSL provider offers discounts for bundled services with E* but, I'm leery about going that route...

I think I covered all the essentials. Thanks in advance!

1000.2 Dish has all you need, switch is built-in for 3 receivers. Might consider a 612 in place of one of those 722s, save $7/mo. 129 slot has a brand new satellite. You can never be future-proof! Sling/TV Everywhere/922 is the future.;)

HD only pack is rebranded as Dish America. Has a history of not including all available HD. You'll want a regular package with HD add-on to get the most HD. It's not clear what the hell Dish is doing with Dish America but it doesn't hurt to ask them. AEP is still around. Surprised the CSR could not tell if you qualify for new customer deals.:rolleyes:

Thanks, VIP. I purposely called Tech Support because it's been my experience that they know what's going on. I didn't get quite the same level of service that I had come to expect from E* in this call but, that's the way it goes sometimes. That said, she wasn't too bad given that I'm not a current customer. Anyway, she just wasn't very clear about the discounts that may be applied stating that it will be dependent upon who does the install. True enough, I guess...

I like the 612 idea, and would love a 922 but, am not sure that when I go to sign up in May/June if it will be available?

She did mention the Dish America packages but, again, wasn't all that clear in describing which channels would be included.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts