Coming Back To Dish - Install Tomorrow

The best thing about being a new customer?

I have so many movie channels, I have no idea what to watch! I may fill the Hopper's hard drive with 3 months of free movies and Blockbuster at home!

IOW, many of us have huge backlogs of programs on EHDs, including, at least in my case, a RAID EHD. This tends to make Dish customers, err, "sticky." ;)

I have so many programs backlogged, I could go months with the minimum program programming level, and still have plenty to watch. Of course, having a Roku helps, too. And I may have to go that route.

Enjoy the plethora of programming. It slows after a while, but as the seasons ebb and flow, I suspect you'll be adding to your collection of EHDs.

close.gif

Searching for shows

Lets say I want to record a show/movie but the time conflicts with other shows being recorded. Is there a way to check "show times" so I could pick another time to record it?

I was able to do this with DirecTV as it had an option to check the schedule.

Thank you.

Lets say I want to record a show/movie but the time conflicts with other shows being recorded. Is there a way to check "show times" so I could pick another time to record it?

Thank you.

I believe that option will appear on the conflict screen that pops up but I'm not 100 percent certain on that. I also don't run into conflicts very often.

I believe that option will appear on the conflict screen that pops up but I'm not 100 percent certain on that. I also don't run into conflicts very often.

I haven't hit a conflict yet, but we have found some movies and they all seem to be on at the same time. There must be a way to check show times somehow I would think. Thanks

Thank you.

Yes. You can view the schedule. I usually skip the show that airs multiple times and let it record later.

If you see a movie in the Guide, just press the Search button. The movie's name will be in the search box. Cursor over to the movie's icon, press Select, and all showings of that movie will be listed, time and channel. You can select one of them to record.

If you see a movie in the Guide, just press the Search button. The movie's name will be in the search box. Cursor over to the movie's icon, press Select, and all showings of that movie will be listed, time and channel. You can select one of them to record.

There ya go! I knew there had to be an easy way. Thank you!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)