Coming back to dish...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Yes thats right... Im coming back to dish. Claud over at Dish Store is working to get me back up and running with dish.

A few reasons why Im coming back is the 24 month commitment D* is shoving down people, even to swap out equipment people are getting slammed with it.

Im also switching because the coustomer commitement between Directv and their coustomers are concerning especally how D* has been handleing the Cutting Edge program. The things that I have seen the past three years with D* is crazy but I wont go into it. Its just very conserning the Direction directv is going, especally after Chase Carey left. It seems like the company did a 360.

The final reson why I am switching is the fact that Directv wont be able to compete with Dish / fios / uvers in the HD arena. They are launching a new sat, but the hd expansion beyond that is a big question mark, where as with dish you know that once 8psk transitions happen, and with their new launches, the road path looks alot better to having an all hd system.

Things I hope dish does, 1. add HDRSN's full time! 2. Fix Marketing, 3. Improve to full rez pq, and 4. Continue to add content such as Sprout, or noggin, wich ever one dish doesnt have, as well as hd content!

If you can just forget about the nuts running this company it is a great service. Love the receivers, the pricing is right, and the HD on premiums is wonderful. Getting the extra 2 RSN's for 5.95 instead of 12.00+ like Direct is also nice. Now if I can just get my HD locals promised as coming soon for the last nine months would be nice.

I switched to DirecTV in January of 2008 from Dish Network. The service itself was fine, but I got tired at the lack of HBO and Cinemax in HD and their HR series of DVR's.
I switched back to Dish Network on June 1 of this year and the 722K receiver beats anything that DirecTV has. I have been very pleased with Dish service thus far and do not regret the switch.
I think that you should be pleased.

Yes thats right... Im coming back to dish. Claud over at Dish Store is working to get me back up and running with dish.

Things I hope dish does, 1. add HDRSN's full time! 2. Fix Marketing, 3. Improve to full rez pq, and 4. Continue to add content such as Sprout, or noggin, wich ever one dish doesnt have, as well as hd content!
Welcome back to E*, Bob. Going over your list, I have to comment on your HD requests. I think that you desire for more HD channels and improvements to HD PQ would negate each other. Higher PQ (i.e. 1920 X 1080) would require much more bandwidth (i.e. fewer channels per TP). Subscribers demands for more HD channels in the limited amount of TP's available would mean more channels per TP. In other words, you are dreaming if you think E* can increase the number of HD channels, add the HD-RSN's full time and increase HD PQ. This ain't happening at least until all E* receivers are mpeg4. Let's hope that happens real soon.

While I still have my D* HR, mostly because of the locals in HD that E* doesn't have here yet, I switched last month back to E*.

My reasons were that E* was not only a better pricing deal, but also that comparing the Vip HDDVRs to the HRs is like comparing a ferrari to a Model T. Sure they both get you the picture, but one is sooo much faster than the other. Being able to ADD an HD to the 722k vice the non-supported Esata replace mode that is what D* uses didn't hurt either.

Between the 2 HDDVRs, IF both worked at the same speed, the Vip series is overall still better, imo. Although the HRs control of the DVR functions is slightly better, it isn't enough.

Yeah, a guy I work with got screwed like me on the 24month deal. His HR20 crapped out, so they had to send him a box (he has home protection plan) and asked about one with more space (hr21 and hr22), so they sent it to him and tacked on another 24.

Bastards.....

Glad to have you Bob. Saw the title and for a moment, my heart skipped a beat and the thought it might be VOOM went through my mind, you are a good second, but I would much prefer VOOM.

If you can just forget about the nuts running this company it is a great service. Love the receivers, the pricing is right, and the HD on premiums is wonderful. Getting the extra 2 RSN's for 5.95 instead of 12.00+ like Direct is also nice. Now if I can just get my HD locals promised as coming soon for the last nine months would be nice.

Man that was well said! I cant stand the way dish is run.
But the equipment is AWESOME!

Glad to hear the news. I have one issue with E*, and thats no YES Network.
Other then that, the Awesome HD DVRS, HD line up, price,and the great exsiting customer treatment is by far much better then D* ever treated me. Welcome to the otherside.

The one thing that has always kept me away from DIRECTV is the auto commitment issue. I really hope that some day a law suit wins against them and they are forced to end that policy. I love the fact that I have been with Dish 10 years and have not had more than a commitment past the first year. They have had specials (like the 811 upgrade) with no commitments. The thought of doing anything to trigger an additional commitment would drive me away so fast, it would make my dish go out of alignment.

One of the nice features I have enjoyed since moving to dish is how you can have two TV's with one reciver (722K) the wife loves the fact that in the bedroom there is not a reciever to clutter things

Glad to hear the news. I have one issue with E*, and thats no YES Network.
Other then that, the Awesome HD DVRS, HD line up, price,and the great exsiting customer treatment is by far much better then D* ever treated me. Welcome to the otherside.
well YES is streaming online now(.....922......)

A few reasons why Im coming back is the 24 month commitment D* is shoving down people, even to swap out equipment people are getting slammed with it.

Im also switching because the coustomer commitement between Directv and their coustomers are concerning especally how D* has been handleing the Cutting Edge program. The things that I have seen the past three years with D* is crazy but I wont go into it. Its just very conserning the Direction directv is going, especally after Chase Carey left. It seems like the company did a 360.

The final reson why I am switching is the fact that Directv wont be able to compete with Dish / fios / uvers in the HD arena. They are launching a new sat, but the hd expansion beyond that is a big question mark, where as with dish you know that once 8psk transitions happen, and with their new launches, the road path looks alot better to having an all hd system.

Hey Goaliebob,

I recently had a customer service issue with direc.
In the end a
higher up in headquarters fixed the mess.

Has direc customer service slipped as of late? or my issue was just a minor blip?
Anyway, Im not sure Its you, but did direc send you a letter that they did not want your bussiness anymore?

If it did not happen...sorry for the mix up..

But I will say dish is superior..Im sure you know this already..
However, im not happy with their management for taking off Voom. Just cant seem to get over that.
That was my favorite.

I do use Direc for my Ny Jets and Ny Rangers..Plus all the tennis I can handle.
So, I cant\dont want to say goodbye to direc for that reason alone.

But for everyday watching I always reach for my dish remote...I love Dish equipment. Dont like Charlie and Co...

I switched to DirecTV in January of 2008 from Dish Network. The service itself was fine, but I got tired at the lack of HBO and Cinemax in HD and their HR series of DVR's.
I switched back to Dish Network on June 1 of this year and the 722K receiver beats anything that DirecTV has. I have been very pleased with Dish service thus far and do not regret the switch.
I think that you should be pleased.

How much did the early out cost? Did you have to send the equipment in or was it picked up?:D

While I dont want to stear this topic elsewhere.....I wonder if Direct is slacking a bit becouse they feel they had the lead when it comes to satellite service?

Though I am guesing that there are those who may feel all is fine with Direct

I'm hanging around until the end of my contract with Directv .. (Feb/March?) will then make a choice between providers as I do each and every time my commitment ends ...

I have zero loyalty to any provider ... the one that gives me the best deal at the time i'm ready to sign for an extra 24 months is the one that gets my money - simple as that.

Hopefully by then Directv will have showed its hand.

I like Directv ... they have a few things I like that dish does not have - I also like a few of things that dish has that Directv does not ... makes sense for me to switch between them every couple of years ......

... gives me discounts/signup bonuses every 24 months and i get to see that the grass is indeed not necessarily greener every 24 months ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)