522 Everything deleted today

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
Came back from a picnic today and all recordings and timers were deleted off the kids 522 today. Seems to be working fine but everything deleted including timers. What would have made it do this? Any thoughts....:confused:

This morning everything got deleted again with a message saying the hard drive was corrupt. It reformatted and tv works fine but my guess is it will delete everything again. Went on chat with dish and they are sending a replacement 522. Waived shipping charge. Hope the new one works.

This morning everything got deleted again with a message saying the hard drive was corrupt. It reformatted and tv works fine but my guess is it will delete everything again. Went on chat with dish and they are sending a replacement 522. Waived shipping charge. Hope the new one works.
I have a friend that had the same problem with a 501. The solution was to replace the receiver. There are threads on the web for replacing just the hard drive but a receiver swap will probably get you a more modern receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)