Coming back to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OV_HDFan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Evansville,IN
After 2.5 years, it is time to come back to dish. My D* genie has become painfully slow. Also I have now lost a second AM21 OTA tuner. I am looking at a Hopper and 3 Joeys (one Super Joey). I have a couple questions.
1. What will my monthly bill be on the 49.99 price lock with the 2 joeys and one super joey?
2. Can I return a joey while under contract if I decide I don't need it?
3. Will Dish include the USB OTA Tuner if requested?
4. Is the total SAT tuners (5) with Hopper and the Super Joey?

Thanks,
Bryan

1. $49.99 + $12 DVR + $10 SJ + $14 2Joeys = $85.99 (plus taxes)
2. I believe you can, but you can also purchase one of the Joeys instead and enable/disable it on demand without having to return it to save money on fees while it is disabled.
3. They might, if you ask nicely, and maybe mention you are in tornado alley and need access to OTA. :)
4. Yes, 5 tuners with SJ, and while watching/recording the big 4 networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX), they will only use one of the SAT tuners. For $2 more, 2 Hoppers instead of 1H + SJ will give you an extra tuner and redundancy if one of the Hoppers goes down, plus double disk space.

Also, if you need a referral code to save an extra $50, let me know. :)

Last edited:
One more question
Probably best answered by the Dirt team. Can I get the new customer promo (price lock)re-activate my external hard drive from my 722K to use with the hopper? Or do I have to re-format it?

Once you have left as a customer (no longer have an active account), you no longer have access to your previous EHD content and will need to reformat.

Reactions: Troch77
You can't have a 722 on a Hopper account.
They only allow a 211s, and a Max of 2.
That is policy.
Atleast that is what Dish told me when I wanted a 222 with my Hopper system.

Now I don't know how much that rule applies, per say, there is a guy here that is floating around that Has a 922 on his Hopper account, and he posted his account info to prove it.

You can't have a 722 on a Hopper account.
They only allow a 211s, and a Max of 2.
That is policy.
Atleast that is what Dish told me when I wanted a 222 with my Hopper system.

Now I don't know how much that rule applies, per say, there is a guy here that is floating around that Has a 922 on his Hopper account, and he posted his account info to prove it.
He's not suggesting adding the 722 to the account, just the EHD that he had attached to the 722. dare2b is entirely correct in his answer....

I guess they flexed the rule a bit for me previously. I had to signup for a new account keeping my original equipment because the dish account was in my ex-wife's name. When they transferred the 722k to the new account in my name. The 722 told me to reformat the drive because it was not registered with my account. I contacted the Exec. team that did my transfer and they saved me from reformating. Don't know how.

That's the first I've ever heard of EHD content being transferred between accounts. Maybe there is a workaround if it is the same equipment, same address.

I'm guessing they did something like an account transfer similar to unbundling of an account. You get a new account number but your equipment should all work continuously.

I guess they flexed the rule a bit for me previously. I had to signup for a new account keeping my original equipment because the dish account was in my ex-wife's name. When they transferred the 722k to the new account in my name. The 722 told me to reformat the drive because it was not registered with my account. I contacted the Exec. team that did my transfer and they saved me from reformating. Don't know how.

Was that previous Wife's account still active? In all these years I have never seen a post where anyone was successful in using an EHD from an old account on a new account when the old account was already cancelled. However it is entirely possible if the account the EHD is coming from is still active they will/can transfer it to the new account. If the account was already cancelled yours is the first to successfully do it.

Was that previous Wife's account still active? In all these years I have never seen a post where anyone was successful in using an EHD from an old account on a new account when the old account was already cancelled. However it is entirely possible if the account the EHD is coming from is still active they will/can transfer it to the new account. If the account was already cancelled yours is the first to successfully do it.
I have, but I can count on one hand after holding a firecracker how many times. There is only one single program that can do it, and only one group that I knew of had the authority to do it, and it doesn't happen that often. To put it in perspective, I counted more people being permanently banned from Dish for harassment and obscene behavior than i did them do this.

Yes the account was still active and it was disconnected at my request then equipment was transferred to me and connected with a new account number 5 minutes later. Sorry' It sounds like maybe none of this should have been discussed in a public forum. At the time it wasn't made out to be a big deal..

Yes the account was still active and it was disconnected at my request then equipment was transferred to me and connected with a new account number 5 minutes later. Sorry' It sounds like maybe none of this should have been discussed in a public forum. At the time it wasn't made out to be a big deal..
No Biggie.

Not at all, no problem. It is what I thought, the account was still active and that makes more sense. It's a long time question for people who change from DISH to another provider and later come back. They want to get the programs on their EHD to work and the answer has always been they can't according to DISH. Your situation is little different.

Not at all, no problem. It is what I thought, the account was still active and that makes more sense. It's a long time question for people who change from DISH to another provider and later come back. They want to get the programs on their EHD to work and the answer has always been they can't according to DISH. Your situation is little different.
I have always wondered about that. If you close your account, and then come back and re-open the old account instead of getting a new account, would the EHD still work? I would guess yes, but I have never read about anybody actually doing that. Usually, people want the new customer promos, but sometimes the win-back deals can be just as good or better than the new customer deals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts