Coming back to Dish.

avediswolf

I'm Back!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
After a long hiatus, I'm coming back.
I guess self install is not really an option like it used to be, but thats OK, I'm 10 years older, and lazier now.

Haven't ordered yet, I have done my own site check, It's iffy, I can find some places that can see 110, 119, and 129 (Yeah, I was hoping Columbus would be Eastern Arc by now, clear LOS that direction) but it's not right on the house, so I would guess they'll probably pole mount, which is fine.

If they want to roof mount, I'll have to put my foot down on that one. My roof is a mess (3 layers) and it's all getting ripped up this spring, and I'm not going to want to deal with that. I will pay extra to keep it off the roof if need be.

But anyway, I haven't been with dish since I had my 501 receiver. Hope these hoppers are that solid.

I see a new hopper with 16 tuners coming out, Not sure if I'll wait, I'll never use that many, and 4K is not an option, but who knows.

ATT U-Verse is just too expensive, and i'm at the point the won't negotiate with me any more, and Dish has a great 2yr price.

If this all goes through, I'll be back more often.

Cheers!

I would definitely wait for the new Hopper, no doubt about it. I have both a Hopper and a Hopper with sling, and will be upgrading to the Hopper 3. I feel they are the best DVR out there.

I will PM a referral that will give each of us a savings of $50, $5 for 10 months

Reactions: avediswolf
Not sure if I'll wait, I'll never use that many, and 4K is not an option, but who knows.

Even if you don't use all the tuners or need the 4K, it will run faster, probably considerably faster than the current Hoppers for everyday tasks...and at the same prices as current Hoppers. I'd suggest waiting for it, too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts