Coming to Dish from D* New Customer

Boobie1998

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi All,

Couldn't find similar thread so I like to ask, I have an appt for a new install but currently have directv, will the tech take down my D* dish? It's located in my balcony. Will he also be able to use existing rg6 cable that currently coming into the apartment? I think this can be a easy and fast new install using existing wire. If he doesnt take it down i just have to find out what size bolt to get the tools and i should be able to do it myself which i can ask. Getting service for 2 hdtv. Notice at checkout it automatically defaulted to one hopper and one joey.

Thanks

While the tech is not required to take down the dish. If you ask politely that will help you out.

While the tech is not required to take down the dish. If you ask politely that will help you out.

I certainly will ask him politely. do you or anyone else know what would happen if i cancel auto pay at anytime. I know HD free for life goes away and ill be charge $10 a month but is there any termination fee for taking it off?

I'm going to be taking down the D* dish myself as I found the correct tools. Tech going to have an easy install as he can use existing cables. Just got off the phone with directv to schedule cancel for tomorrow. I was nice and polite so was he but was surprise that he didn't offer anything to keep me. I wasn't looking for anything and would have politely decline. I really hope it's one cable from dish to inside like I have now. Any input on what I said about autopay?

Thanks

I certainly will ask him politely. do you or anyone else know what would happen if i cancel auto pay at anytime. I know HD free for life goes away and ill be charge $10 a month but is there any termination fee for taking it off?

No I believe you can take it off any time you want without any fee besides the $10 per month HD fee you already knew about. You could also pay a one time $99 fee for HD for life if you don't want to to do auto pay but most of us here just use auto pay because it's free.

I had the same experience; been with D* for about 10 years and recently switched to E* as D* wouldn't upgrade my 4-year-old HR20's. The tech installed the hopper/joey (first install for him) and used the existing wiring at both locations. Even took my old dish down with no charge. Really nice guy and no issues with install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)