Comments Needed: DishONLINE Reviews

I unlocked my receiver and an add'l button for the adult movies showed up but still no images for the recommended movies.

ONe of the movies I watched did get charged but I only got 66% of that movie. I called and got a credit from DISH. I also had a 2.99 movie that I never watched. It expired on the 7th day but the purchase shows on my receiver as 11:30pm the night before it expired and I never watched it at all. I have to wait till the purchase registers with DISH to get credit again.

The csr told me that whether you watch them or not they will charge you. Now this was an Indian guy or Pakistani so I am not sure if he knew what he was talking about. Either way be sure if you download a movie that you really want it or you may or may not be charged.

Now that I have had my chance to check out DishONLINE, I just wanted to say something nice about since no one else is...

Proof that DishONLINE is cool:

-Having over 200 of the most random movies ever is cool.
-Thinking Airplane (1980) is a New Release is cool.
-Recommending me Next Friday, Dark Crystal, and Top Gun all at once is cool.
-Thinking I will pay $2.99 to rent Footloose for 24 hours is cool.
-Having the Beverly Hills Cop trilogy is damn cool.

There, see, DishONLINE is great. Or at least if you get it hooked up, you will be ready for when you can schedule your DVR online...

Now that I have had my chance to check out DishONLINE, I just wanted to say something nice about since no one else is...

Proof that DishONLINE is cool:

-Having over 200 of the most random movies ever is cool.
-Thinking Airplane (1980) is a New Release is cool.
-Recommending me Next Friday, Dark Crystal, and Top Gun all at once is cool.
-Thinking I will pay $2.99 to rent Footloose for 24 hours is cool.
-Having the Beverly Hills Cop trilogy is damn cool.

There, see, DishONLINE is great. Or at least if you get it hooked up, you will be ready for when you can schedule your DVR online...

Well, whatever turns your crank.

All I had to do was just price the avilable selections. At those prices, I'll pass.

NetFlix beats DishONLINE hands down.

The csr told me that whether you watch them or not they will charge you. Now this was an Indian guy or Pakistani so I am not sure if he knew what he was talking about. Either way be sure if you download a movie that you really want it or you may or may not be charged.

I am going to call them today and ask to someone who speaks English and knows what they are talking about and ask them whether you get charged or not for downloading a movie and NOT watching it. I'll post what they say. Though I still have not been charged for the one I did not watch.

Hey I actually downloaded the Beverly Hills Copy Trillogy. :)

What I don't like is your downloaded movies do not get listed in your DVR'ed recordings when done. You need to go back into DishONLINE to watch them.

That is kind of a pain.

So, you not getting the pics either? anybody else?

Anyway, I have to agree with the reviews so far. The selection is poor and over priced. I wouldn't mind renting some of the oplder movies if they were like $ .99 but 2.99 for movies 20 yrs old is not gonna happen. There definately needs to be free content, get people using the service then they might pay. The new release section is a joke!!! What does new release mean, since movies were filmed in color? :eek:

Ditto,
Needs $.99 movies and free stuff to compete with cable.
You shouldn't have to select the movie to see the price.

VIP 622 AT250HD DPP 1000.2 L4.45 Net enabled
VIZIO VX42L LCD 720P HDTV
Zenith XBS344 DVD/VCR Surround Sound Audio Receiver
Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD Recorder
LG DN798 Up converting DVD Player
GoDVD CT-200 Video Enhancer (Digital Video Duplicator)
Duraband DWT1304 SD TV (Bedroom)
Colby 5” CX-TV6 TV Monitor
RF Modulator
3-way Digital Optical Switch
4-way AV Selector RS 15-1983
3-way RF Switch
APC Uninterruptible Power Supply

At least there is no way that Dish can make this thing more crappy...

Oh wait, maybe I should not say that, or they might me tempted to make it even more worthless! :eek:

** Now from DishONLINE: Rent episodes from the 3rd season of Full House for only $16.99 per episode for a 12 hour rental. (Some restrictions may apply) (Subject to blackouts) (Due to franchising rights Bob Sagets face will be blurred out) **

I took one look at Dish Online and when into shock at the cost. Then I called Direct TV to see how much there Online is so I could do a comparision between the two so I could decide if I will be switching (I should know in a week or so).

I was surprised to find that almost all movies were free if you had the Movie Channels. Only the current release pay per view stuff cost money.

I am wondering if Dish network out sourced Dishonline to a 3rd party with the deal being the 3rd party could charge money for everything to pay for creation of it. Bet in a year the price will go down as they would of paid for it.

I was surprised to find that almost all movies were free if you had the Movie Channels.
It wouldn't hurt for a Dish employee to try subscribing to cable for a week or two and see how "On Demand" works and what people moving from cable to satellite kinda expect when they are told by Dish that "we have on-demand now too".

As you said, if you have a movie channel, it's "on demand" stuff is free. If you get Nickelodeon, it's stuff is free. And so on... If your tier doesn't include Cartoon Network, you don't get Cartoon Network On Demand.

Dish now has (3) PPV options.... :( That's all "DishONLINE" is at this point too.

Do others remember when Dish called their DVR service "on demand" ? You could watch shows you recorded "on demand".

The only edge cable has had over satellite has been OnDemand.

OnDemand has FREE movies and TV shows (tons) as well as PPV

DISH is dumb for releasing this without FREE content.

I relized they are working hard to keep DISH members until they can get their new satellites up; hence the External Hard Drive update, Ethernet update (which is nice since I have no phone lines anymore), adding New HD Channels every few weeks, and now DISHOnline.

I'm glad they are using the time between now and the new satellites to develop new technologies and features, but DISHOnline was an opprotunity to take away the one edge cable had with OnDemand; without FREE content, it cannot compete.

DISHOnine is just a new but lame PPV

If they're tailoring their service(s) to people who've only had satellite and NEVER had cable, they might be okay. Things like DishONLINE are unique and may be interesting to someone who's never had cable. People who've never had cable are impressed with the weather channel option you get from Dish Home too but those who've seen *real* local weather, i.e. weather on the 8s, on cable are sorely disappointed.

I've NEVER bought a PPV on cable nor on satellite. For one, it's NOT inconvenient for me to go to a video store. Two, video rentals are either the same price or cheaper than PPV. Finally, I want DVD-quality and OAR, which you may or may not get with PPV. DishONLINE falls into the same category... We did use the on-demand service that Time Warner offered on occassion but don't miss it with Dish either. If Dish offered it (like D* is), we'd use it every so often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)