commercial / apartment complex install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

katellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
dish is not permitted because of what probably amounts to 'security, aesthetic, and maintenance' reasons. I'm trying to convince them to get dish to do a commercial install for the whole complex (there's pretty much no way they would just let me get it, partly because of how the aforementioned reasons would apply to my apartment, and because they couldn't just let me get it and not anyone else, anyway my friend is already working this angle). Does Dish do this type of setup (e.g. where you can have a single or a few dishes for all the needed satellites, which could be split amongst many receivers) at fairly low/zero/negative cost? (It seems to be mutually beneficial, the apartment tenants are happier with the choices, and dish has a potential customer base. The net cost is also less because of fewer dishes). This is different than another type of commercial installation because each tenant will be like a regular customer and his/her own receiver(s) and subscription(s). Any other advice or tips for this situation? thanks

Notes-. Normal dish equipment has a fairly low limit on the number of times the connection can be 'split' to different receivers, which would necessitate many dishes serving the same content.
The apartment owner many have some sort of arrangement with cable providers making it difficult / more expensive to get dish
I did some quick searching and didn't find much.

katellite said:
dish is not permitted because of what probably amounts to 'security, aesthetic, and maintenance' reasons.
That's nice. :rolleyes: All you really need to be concerned about is whether you have an exclusive use area with good line of sight to put the dish(es) needed to receive your programming.

See FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

An MDU setup though would likely be a more aesthetic solution and as you say add a pay TV option for those residents without LOS. Contact Dish Commercial or a local retailer who does those installations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts