Commercial-free Channels ? (Non-Premium)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As the saying goes, " Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." There were a few Voom channels My wife and I enjoyed: Equator, HD News and HD Movies, to name three. My wife still complains that theses are gone and wishes we would drop Dish. Sometimes that thought is way too tempting.

BRING BACK VOOM! :up

THIS IS SPAM !!

STOP the %)())@ Voom posts.

In two weeks, there won't even be a Voom to bring back.

Meanwhile, these posts are an infraction called "thread crapping". :mad:

Here's an idea that programmers can latch on to:

Offer two feeds of a channel, one with usual commercials, the other a pay channel with the same content but no commercials. Fill time between shows with clips from past classics carried by that station, or just run an 18 minute schedule. With DVR, it wouldn't be hard to keep with the different schedule. While the majority of viewers would stick to the commercial-filled content, diehards can pay for their favorite channel in a commercial-free format. Offer these as premium -ala carte channels. For example, you have USA in your regular lineup but you pay an extra $2 to have their commercial free version. You don't care enough about other channels to pay $2 for those so USA is your only ala carte pick. I would pay $3 extra a month for commercial free SPIKE. What would you pay extra for your fave channel in commercial free? ( We know you VOOMers would pay $10 for a bundle of those)

Yes they do.

HDNet-Movies doesn't - but that is a Premium Movie channel - it is supported by subscribers to HD Ultimate $10 package. Same with MGM.
I don't consider HDNMV and MGM premium channels. They are just in a higher tier of HD. Just like you get more channels with AT250 than AT100. I wouldn't call the other 150 you get with AT250 premium just because you pay more.

I don't consider HDNMV and MGM premium channels. They are just in a higher tier of HD. Just like you get more channels with AT250 than AT100. I wouldn't call the other 150 you get with AT250 premium just because you pay more.

I agree. If I were paying for ONLY HDNet Movies I would consider it a premium.

16 Jun - Monsters HD
6:15 AM - Monster Dog
7:45 AM - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
9:15 AM - The Thing from Another World
10:45 AM - Stargate
1:00 PM - Piranha Part II: The Spawning
2:45 PM - Frankenstein must be Destroyed
4:30 PM - Toolbox Murders
6:15 PM - Howling IV: The Freaks
8:00 PM - Phantasm IV: Oblivion
9:45 PM - Hands of the Ripper
11:15 PM - Vampire Lovers
1:00 AM - Countess Dracula
2:45 AM - Vampire Circus
4:15 AM - Nightmare on Elm Street IV
5:50 AM - The Beast must Die
The schedule didn't look anything like this when DISH Network last carried MonstersHD. One was lucky to get three or four different movies in a 24 hour period. The above looks like a fireworks finale in comparison to the old grind.

The point is still the same. We're paying hundreds (thousands) a year to watch pretty close to 33% commercial content. Thank God for DVRs.

I recorded the Open and started watching 1½ hours into it and finished at the end.

This is one reason why people get DVR's, to skip those dang commercials. I go to people's houses and they are like "have you seen that commercial? That is a funny one" and I tell them that I do not watch many commercials anymore because of my digital video recorder.

THIS IS SPAM !!

STOP the %)())@ Voom posts.

In two weeks, there won't even be a Voom to bring back.

Meanwhile, these posts are an infraction called "thread crapping". :mad:
GET OVER IT kstuart! This thread topic is "Commerical-free Channels?". Barely more than 30 days ago, E* had 15 Commercial Free channels on their service. Voom hardly seems inappropriate for such a thread topic, and is actually pretty appropriate.

And you know nothing about what will, or will not, exist in two weeks.

Here's an idea that programmers can latch on to:

Offer two feeds of a channel, one with usual commercials, the other a pay channel with the same content but no commercials. Fill time between shows with clips from past classics carried by that station, or just run an 18 minute schedule. With DVR, it wouldn't be hard to keep with the different schedule. While the majority of viewers would stick to the commercial-filled content, diehards can pay for their favorite channel in a commercial-free format. Offer these as premium -ala carte channels. For example, you have USA in your regular lineup but you pay an extra $2 to have their commercial free version. You don't care enough about other channels to pay $2 for those so USA is your only ala carte pick. I would pay $3 extra a month for commercial free SPIKE. What would you pay extra for your fave channel in commercial free? ( We know you VOOMers would pay $10 for a bundle of those)
Please get this idea implemented ASAP! :D

Yes they do.

HDNet-Movies doesn't - but that is a Premium Movie channel - it is supported by subscribers to HD Ultimate $10 package. Same with MGM.

I can't recall HDNET playing any "commercials". HDNET does run its in-house promos to promote HDNET programming or its own films set for theatrical release.

seriously.. the mods need to start deleting these thead-jacking posts.. it's been long enough, we've listen to the voomers whine LONG enough in threads about every topic that didn't relate to voom.. seriously start removing anymore "I hate to bring this up but VOOM.." crap..

16 Jun - Monsters HD
6:15 AM - Monster Dog
7:45 AM - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
9:15 AM - The Thing from Another World
10:45 AM - Stargate
1:00 PM - Piranha Part II: The Spawning
2:45 PM - Frankenstein must be Destroyed
4:30 PM - Toolbox Murders
6:15 PM - Howling IV: The Freaks
8:00 PM - Phantasm IV: Oblivion
9:45 PM - Hands of the Ripper
11:15 PM - Vampire Lovers
1:00 AM - Countess Dracula
2:45 AM - Vampire Circus
4:15 AM - Nightmare on Elm Street IV
5:50 AM - The Beast must Die

All commercial free HD. Hey, where are all the repeats people are complaining about?

Mario
Repeats was just an excuse, you have to have repeats because you have new HD subs all the time. I would sure like a chance to watch some the so called repeats again. I never did get everything watched that was on.

seriously.. the mods need to start deleting these thead-jacking posts.. it's been long enough, we've listen to the voomers whine LONG enough in threads about every topic that didn't relate to voom.. seriously start removing anymore "I hate to bring this up but VOOM.." crap..
As long as the mods also delete the "I hate to bring this up but Speed HD..(FX HD, Spike HD, etc)" crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts