Commercials with no sound at all

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
This is weird. I noticed it a while back and thought it was a fluke. Last night it happened many times. It's just certain commercials. One notable one is a commercial for DishNetwork (the one with that REALLY homely woman at the end)

No sound at all... program comes back on... sound comes back. Or.... go to next commercial and sound comes back. It's not ALL commercials.

Anyone else seeing this? My sound is set to PCM and DD. I haven't changed anything at all in the setup.

Yup, I see it too. That really loud guy that sells Oxyclean is one commercial that is silent......thank goodness!

This is weird. I noticed it a while back and thought it was a fluke. Last night it happened many times. It's just certain commercials. One notable one is a commercial for DishNetwork (the one with that REALLY homely woman at the end)

No sound at all... program comes back on... sound comes back. Or.... go to next commercial and sound comes back. It's not ALL commercials.

Anyone else seeing this? My sound is set to PCM and DD. I haven't changed anything at all in the setup.

Wow, this has to be the best example I have ever heard of "its a feature, not a bug" ;)

I seem to notice it on HD channels when the commercials switch from HD (full screen) to SD (black box on sides). The sound comes back when on back on HD content.

Count your blessings! It's Billy Mays that does those OxyClean commercials and a whole slew of others, and his voice is particularly irritating! Many times I'm beginning to doze off in my easy chair and get blasted back into reality by Billy! If anyone knows how to turn this feature on (I'd call it a "blab-off" !!) for all of us, please share...!

I am conected HDMI from 622 to TV, but I use optical audio out to an AV receiver and TV speakers are set to OFF.

For the most part this ain't a big deal. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't going goofy on this end.

I said (in other thread) that dish-inserted commercials were too loud. See, they fried the outputs on some of their commercial-insertion equipment. :)

I am conected HDMI from 622 to TV, but I use optical audio out to an AV receiver and TV speakers are set to OFF.

For the most part this ain't a big deal. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't going goofy on this end.

Nothing goofy on your end.... I've seen it on TV2 on my 722 too. Nothing to really go wrong there since it's just a coax hooked to an old school 27 inch SDTV.

I began noticing this about a month ago on the HD channels.. didnt bother to mention it as I consider it a blessing!!!! I wish all commercials did that instead of blasting out with the increased volume.

I m considering this bug my auto mute button. This is one bug I dont care about Dish fixing.

I began noticing this about a month ago on the HD channels.. didnt bother to mention it as I consider it a blessing!!!! I wish all commercials did that instead of blasting out with the increased volume.

I m considering this bug my auto mute button. This is one bug I dont care about Dish fixing.

Ditto.

Unfortunately some of the Dish ads had sound today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)