No more HD in 08 ... ???

Nothing really groundbreaking here, although I guess its possible. CSR types generally do not know when or if anything is going to be added.

Gives people something to talk about though

So Charlie the Tuna told a white lie

He promised up to 150 HD channels

Well how many more Dish folks will leave for Direct---Charlie people thought it will be 150 National Channels by 12/31/2008 not up to.........

So Charlie the Tuna told a white lie

He promised up to 150 HD channels

Well how many more Dish folks will leave for Direct---Charlie people thought it will be 150 National Channels by 12/31/2008 not up to.........

he added more PPV like D so he may have met that number already

How about instead of whining about not getting more "HD Channels" (which of course many of which have little to NO HD on them), that we whine instead about wanting more HD on the HD-channels we already have. :eek:

Just how many new national HD channels have we actually received since they told the "150 by the end of the year" tale?

How about instead of whining about not getting more "HD Channels" (which of course many of which have little to NO HD on them), that we whine instead about wanting more HD on the HD-channels we already have. :eek:
Well thats an idea, but it wouldnt really belong in the E* or D* forums since they have no control over the content:up

I have been doing that with ESPN. Even sent them emails complaining that I have to pay extra to get their station in HD, so I would expect the content to be there.

Maybe I'm naive, but it seems like as long as DishN continues to advertise "over 100 channels available now, up to 150 channels by the end of the year" there is a pretty good chance that more channels will be added by the end of the year. That is the clear implication.

Its easy to say Charlie says whatever he wants in advertisements, but continuing this promotion this late in the year is pretty much a promise that new national HD is coming before the end of the year.

If Charlie knew it didn't have a reasonable chance of getting close to 150 by the end of the year and continued to run this ad, I think it would open itself up to a class action by subscribers. E* is a public company and there are pretty significant laws against misleading statements. DishN can't just say whatever it wants. It has to be reasonably honest. Consequently, I think that even though "up to" is definately wishywashy (a great technical term), Charlie could only keep this ad campaign going if it had some pretty specific plans for new HD before the end of the year.

I am told this is not true.

I guess we will wait and see. ;)

Could it be that there is not enough room on the 129 sat till the new sat replaces and is up and in operation in January? This would explain why they wouldn't launch any more hd till January if this is true. They might have room for more hd on the 61.5 sat but not on the 129 sat. With the new sat there will be spotbeams that can take the place of the conus beam locals , which would free up more transponder space for national hd channels . But then again I don't understand why they didn't launch the hd pay per views on the 61.5 sat instead of 77 sat, since they are also mirrored on 129 . So I can't get the new hd pay per view channels since I only use 61.5 + my 1000.2 sat dish with the lnb for 129 blacked out with aluminum foil. Any thoughts Scott?

One launch is very likely. The seperated Golf and VS HD channels. We can always hope for some others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)